Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I got my SV back in 2000 and couldn't, didn't like the high bars. So I went with the SM Type 1's as soon as they came out. I have been running them for the past 4 years and love them. Great feedback, stable as all get out, nice on the highway with my Buell fly screen. All in all... a great set of bars.

Then... I wanted a pair of DL650 hand guards and my wife obliged me by buying me a set for my birthday this year. Finally, I put them on. Well, I would have had to relocate my turn signals to put the hand guards on the SM bars. (yeah, I know I'm lazy, but I like the Buell signals in the stock location). So I put my stock bars back on.... HOLY COW.... :eek: The thing turns like a mad man now... Now mind you it *HAS* to be the bars and not the combination of the super extended Elka out back (13 7/8" eye to eye) or the forks dropped 10mm or the Pilot Power's....bt the bars. The turn in is super quick, so much so, that I have to be careful. The highway sucks again, but that's okay. The bars transmit my thoughts telepathicaly now to the front tire. A little nudge and BAM... over the bike goes. It's SAWEET. Looks like I'll be making some more changes every now and then....just to keep the little SV exciting.

But the hand guards are SWEET... the high bars make me carry bail money around now.... and I think I'm riding some 75hp motard.... Not a good combo and my inner squid is coming to life....

But the main reason of this post, is.... you can never believe how much of a change some things do to the bike when you get used to them.... Now, I'm sure when I go back to the SM bars or Clip ons, it'll be another huge, but awesome change.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I installed the buell lights at front at the bottom radiator cover by simply buying 1' galvanized connector from home depot and drilled bigger holes for turnsignals and I bent the triangle shape into S form.Looks great.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arvan said:
I installed the buell lights at front at the bottom radiator cover by simply buying 1' galvanized connector from home depot and drilled bigger holes for turnsignals and I bent the triangle shape into S form.Looks great.
Yeah, I have some aluminum stock to do that, and I also have some L brackets to use... But I'm just to lazy right now... ;D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I drilled my factory headlamp brackets and mounted them there and they work/look great.

·
Registered
238 Posts
so what's up? you wanna sell me the SM bars? ;D

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
acedeluxe said:
so what's up? you wanna sell me the SM bars? ;D
Nope.... For those days when I want to strafe a bit better... I'll need 'em.

Yeah, I need some new pics, but again, I'm lazy. The bikes dirty and all I ever do it ride it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts