Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a room in Alcoa, is anybody else planing on staying in either of these cities. as it would be nice to commute with some other people.???

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
That's a LONG way from Fontana Village, NC (site of the rally).

If you can't get a room or a cabin at Fontana Village,

Deal's Gap M/C Resort is the next closest place. Nothing fancy, but it is grand central station at The Dragon.

Two Wheel Inn, in nearby Robbinsville NC, is a good motorcycle motel.

There's also a Microtel Inn in Robbinsville NC, that doesn't look bad.

You really need to be closer than Alcoa or Maryville, TN.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
A couple of times we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Alcoa on the way down to the Rally. Reason being, is that I used my points for a free hotel room. Was cheaper than Fontana. But, you have atleast an hour drive to the start of the Dragon and another half hour drive to Fontana.

If you would like to partake in the "good" activities, it'll be hard and not so fun. When you're done and ready to head back from Fontana, it gets dark out there... Well, not so much dark and in PITCH BLACK! Unless you have a portable sun strapped to the front of your bike, it'll take you close to two hours back to Alcoa.

You should be able to share cabin space with someone or split a room. Costs would be cheaper than paying for a hotel AND you'll be able to part take in the endless debauchery that happens into the night (So I've heard...;D )

·
Registered
23 Posts
if it were to take you an hour to get from Alcoa to the dragon, perhaps you should rethink riding the dragon. 30 minutes tops. I can make it from my house in Lenoir City to the dragon in 45 mins and I am much further away.
BTW if any local guys want to make the daily commute to the dragon together, give me a shout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.