Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks RMAN, I will try that, worst case I'll put some gasket sealer or epoxy at the wires to plug it up.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It lives! Sweist had a spare stator and case/gasket (thanks again man)

Wasn't nearly as bad of a job as I thought it would be. Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Funny thing, I had some issues with bike cutting out. I traced it down to one of my yellow stator wires. The three wires are grouped and zip tied to my frame leading to a 1000rr R/R under the rear seat. One of those wires was exposed (the plastic is old and wearing from being twisted together) and rubbing the frame from time to time hitting bumps and stuff. I just taped it up and bike runs fine now...

But I'm finding as these bikes age 15 years is a lot for my 1999 SV, even my old 1991 300xz... You don't have to worry about the mechanics it's the plastic housing and wiring that gets brittle with age and stuff... I kinda like having a carbed bike cause of this... My Z was all computerized and finding new electrical/computer parts for 20+ year old car was a *****! and expensive! With carbed engines, other than wiring, its all mechanical...

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is epoxy holding magnet in place, that has nothing to do with burned stator.
I realize this has nothing to do with the burned stator but are there any other concerns with the epoxy coming off? Will the magnets come loose? Can the epoxy fragments pose a danger to engine failure?

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Magnets will not come loose.
In worse case epoxy can cut screen under oil pump and get in to oil pump.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts