Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in the main section at the botom of a thread I hijacked, thought I'd post here.

I have determined that my clutch sensor is the problem for my bike not starting. I have adjusted the clutch but it didn't help. if I pull the clutch in normally and thumb the starter I get nothing, like the key is off. If I give the clutch a sharp hard tug then the bike starts fine.

Where do I check for loose connections etc with this? I adjusted it, but no help.

original hijacked thread here:
http://forum.svrider.com/viewtopic.php?t=43111

N

·
0 Posts
There's a crappy little plastic microswitch mounted under the clutch perch. Take it off (throw it away!), splice the two wires together and away you go. For troubleshooting, you might just want to stick a temporary jumper (wire or paper clip). They're NFG (IMO) anyway so you're better off without it.

:)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
nc_sv650 said:
There's a crappy little plastic microswitch mounted under the clutch perch. Take it off (throw it away!), splice the two wires together and away you go. For troubleshooting, you might just want to stick a temporary jumper (wire or paper clip). They're NFG (IMO) anyway so you're better off without it.

Yeah, NC got it right. Common Zuki issue.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
nc_sv650 said:

Yeah I had to do that when I dropped my bike and broke the clutch lever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts