Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it common that you have to engage the clutch lever to start a SV650? Just bought this bike and will only crank with the clutch lever engaged. Just curious.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder why, I've never ridden another bike that you had to pull the clutch lever while in neutral to start the bike.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Its a neutral safety switch more or less, just another precaution to make sure the bike doesn't start in gear

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
yes, that's how SVs are. won't crank with clutch out even in N.

·
Super Moderator
9,069 Posts
And often won't even crank with the clutch in! :p

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Curious if anyone has bypassed the clutch part. Mildly annoying to have to pull the clutch to crank the engine. I know why its there but I prefer not having to pull the clutch if its in neutral.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thanks for all the info guys, think this time I'll just go with the Suzuki designers. Now as far as that ugly ass fender goes ...................

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha ha.... Actually I did a search on fender eliminators and heard about Dubtechv2 on the for sale boards but haven't been able to find that using the search.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well Mr. Stickler if you reread my post I said engage the "clutch lever". Ha ha, in your face.... lol just kidding buddy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts