Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't even know what happened, I took a ride this morning, everything eas fine, stop to get gas, everything was fine, however, that was the end of my fine day. I get on it, try to start it, and the starter button is stuck, won't move in either direction. The pump works good, but I can't press the button...finnaly I had to push it to start and rode it home, but the button is still stuck. What to do? Warranty should cover this, right? I am not sure I want to take it apart myself, but if it is something simple, then I probably could. Anyone has a similar/same problem. BTW, the bike is 05 gsxr 750 with 3.5K miles. evertything else seems to be fine. All help is apprechiated. thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Nova, it was nice meeting you the other day. I hope that you did not ride in that weather too much.

I'll see what I can do, but right now I just want to cool down, since I was in the sun for a while. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, Another thing, my headlight is not working either. I checked the fuses and they are fine, blinkers, brake light are both fine. Is is somehow related? Happened at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
sounds like there are a couple of things wrong, so I would take it in to a dealer if it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i was just at the local bike spot about 4-5 days ago and a guy with a new gixxer 600 had the headlight problem. all of a sudden his front lights would not work! neither the low beam or the high beam....everything else was perfect, all the signal lights, starter, and everything. Turned out to be a broken relay in the handlebar light-switch. Covered under warranty and everything, just an inconvenience.

·
Registered
536 Posts
crni4 said:
Oh, Another thing, my headlight is not working either. I checked the fuses and they are fine, blinkers, brake light are both fine. Is is somehow related? Happened at the same time.
They are probably related. Depressing the start button kills the headlight, so that you minimize the drain on the battery when starting. If the button is stuck, it's probably stuck in a position such that it is killing the headlight.

This was a common problem on the VFR I used to ride. On the VFR, the start button articulated on a plastic hinge piece that often snaped off. Dremeling a small hole through the plastic base and replacing the plastic pin with a clipped-off section of sewing needle (superglued into place) fixed the problem for me. Not sure if the Gixxer start button works the same way, but I wouldn't be surprised.

HTH.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
In my opinion, if ANYTHING breaks and it's under warranty, the dealership fixes it.

As long as you're pretty sure you didnt beat it with a hammer and break it or something (ie - if it isnt your fault that it's broken) take it to the dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts