Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
My recommendation is get a quality stand like pitbull if you are planning to leave your SV on it when not riding. if you just want one for tire swaps/chain maintenance get a cheap harbor freight stand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the vortex stand and think it's great, I believe it is a little wider than the pit bull stand and instead of having to buy another stand in order to be lift the front you can just buy front fork adapters for 40 bucks. I do not believe pit bull makes such a conversion

although I like jack stands for the front anyway

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a t-rex rear and a pitbull front (triple) stand. The pitbull is way heavier/stronger, though I don't know if it really matters. However, I will be swapping my t-rex for a pitbull because pitbull makes the forward-style rearstand which is much easier/safer to deploy without fear of dropping the bike. Maybe I'm just paranoid though. The t-rex works fine for what it is and is half the price.

Oh and the pitbull front stand can be converted to a fork stand as well.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
I have a Vortex rear stand that I bought about 6 years ago for about $100. I have two SV's 700 miles apart and got tired of transporting the Vortex back and forth, so I recently bought a Cycle Gear Trackside rear stand a few months ago on sale for $45. Both work fine and the CG Trackside is a great value at that price.

After getting by for years without one, I recently bought a front (steering stem) stand (http://mjmotogear.com/FRONT-STAND-HEAD-LIFT-SMI3020.htm) that came to about $70 including shipping. I used it to work on the forks, it was stable and easy to use. It also stores in a relatively small space. I'm happy with it and will probably buy another one.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Vortex rear stand that I bought about 6 years ago for about $100. I have two SV's 700 miles apart and got tired of transporting the Vortex back and forth, so I recently bought a Cycle Gear Trackside rear stand a few months ago on sale for $45. Both work fine and the CG Trackside is a great value at that price.

After getting by for years without one, I recently bought a front (steering stem) stand (http://mjmotogear.com/FRONT-STAND-HEAD-LIFT-SMI3020.htm) that came to about $70 including shipping. I used it to work on the forks, it was stable and easy to use. It also stores in a relatively small space. I'm happy with it and will probably buy another one.

Ya.. look at the site and a set front and rear was 120 shipped to my door.. so i picked it up. Thanks for tossing me that link :)

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I think the Trackside ones are fine.

I have a Trackside rear for 40 and a MJMoto steering stem front from above link which works great.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
PitBull, forward handle rear stand...much easier to put the bike up by yourself...

PitBull Hybrid front stand...axle or pin/lwr triple...

you'll never need to buy any more stands...

well, unless you ADD more bikes!! lol

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
...and instead of having to buy another stand in order to be lift the front you can just buy front fork adapters for 40 bucks. I do not believe pit bull makes such a conversion...
Don't ever use a front stand without a rear. Unstable that way, very easy to have the bike fall over.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
I have the trex stands and theyre great. The front tree stand also converts to a fork stand without having to buy anything else, as it comes with all the pieces you need. They even send you spools/SA sliders

·
Registered
132 Posts
You will love them, I just bought a set of Powerstand's Racing front and rear stands..It is the best thing I ever did. These were fairly cheap and hold up great. Very sturdy, they make things so much easier, enjoy!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
^You can tell a difference in the tubing. With that said though, it's more than strong enough for an SV. I have used cheap knockoff stands plenty of times. I have a slightly less knock off DMP stand now, and it's great.

·
Registered
688 Posts
^You can tell a difference in the tubing. With that said though, it's more than strong enough for an SV. I have used cheap knockoff stands plenty of times. I have a slightly less knock off DMP stand now, and it's great.
I suppose if I had them next to eachother there would be obvious design/quality differences but like you said- these cheapo' stands are more than enough for the SV... i had mine up on it to do brakes and Ill have it up again this weekend to do forks... works very well- stable as a rock (even a good shove wouldn't do anything to tip the bike once its on both stands...)

Plus you can get them more commonly in black than that awful pitbull red :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
i just picked up one from cycle gear...think i paid like 40 bucks for it....really works great for what i need...new bike is coming with 2 good quality stands so ill probably just give this one away with my SV when its sold

1 - 18 of 18 Posts