Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently i have a yosh trs slipon, i want to make it either high mount or i want to run it underneath my tail, im aware id have to butcher my undertail in order to make the exhaust look good as well as "modify" the tip of the exhaust. ive seen on several sv's they use that kind of, flex aluminum piping and run that under the bike up to the tail and then fasten it, or am i way off?

can somebody tell me how to do the under teh tail exhaust using the correct material, or would it be easier to have some pipe bent in order to make my standard mount into high mount? do they even sell a piece in between or am i screwed since i didnt buy a full system? thanks in advance fellas

·
Registered
653 Posts
Its definately possible. You can get the flexible exhaust pipe from most auto stores, but I question its temperature range and the strength of its seal.

try: http://www.mcmaster.com/ for 12" stainless steel flex sections. Much more reliable and would look super trick. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I know with my holeshot pipe I can buy the high mount mid-pipe and voila. You'll need the bracket that goes with it too, or make your own. I've thought about pulling the underseat pipe too, but it's still nice out so I'm riding and not modifying.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
novakane said:
i would need flex pipe to pull that off, no? stainless flex?
For underseat yes, that or bend your own piping.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I would advise that it might be a good idea to contact Holeshot directly and tell them what you're trying to do, they may have something out of the box (or they might be able to bend something custom for you) to help out... they a great bunch of guys... I have the Holeshot Highmount and it looks badass...

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
SpeedyBoy said:
I would advise that it might be a good idea to contact Holeshot directly and tell them what you're trying to do, they may have something out of the box  (or they might be able to bend something custom for you) to help out... they a great bunch of guys... I have the Holeshot Highmount and it looks badass...
Yes do give Dale a call. I contemplating replacing my rashed midpipe with a new highmount midpipe, change the looks and clean things up in one swoop. I decided in the end to not do it, as the standard cans and highmount cans are different lengths, meaning my pipe would stick out past the tail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts