Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who got out and rode this weekend. I did a plug change yesterday and then took her out for
a couple hours this morning. weather was nice, a little on the chilly side with the cloud cover. wind at my back on the way to where i was going and wind in the face on the way back. stopped and had a starbucks, that should hold me for a day or two. I think my arse is finally
getting used to the posture of my new oem gel seat, i wasnt nearly as uncomfortable this time as
my last long ride so it was a productive ride.

· Registered
3,622 Posts
Changed my oil, cleaned and lubed the chain/sprocket and went out for a nice ride yesterday. It still gets a little cold on the top of hills around here, (the locals would call them mountains I guess) but it was a great day for a ride.

· Registered
261 Posts
Just got back from a 200 mile trip up to blowing rock here in NC. I had never ridden the Highway-221 mountain roads and had heard they were tight. I should have expected it, but I was really dissapointed when there was left over salt/gravel/sand all throghout the twisties!:mad: I couldn't ride much faster than the average car. But I can't complain. It was sunny, rather warm and I was alive to at least go out and ride.:)

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got back from a 200 mile trip up to blowing rock here in NC. I had never ridden the Highway-221 mountain roads and had heard they were tight. I should have expected it, but I was really dissapointed when there was left over salt/gravel/sand all throghout the twisties!:mad: I couldn't ride much faster than the average car. But I can't complain. It was sunny, rather warm and I was alive to at least go out and ride.:)
Sounds fun, im always on the lookout for new roads to ride. florida is about the flatest straitest state in the union, although im told there some backroads about 30-40 miles from here that are promising. Doxie ive thought about getting a small dog and actually taking him on the bike, does he stay in the basket? I was thinking of getting some sort of backpack to stick him in if i get one and i was leaning towards a jack russel but i hear they tend to tear up things in the house if you leave them alone to much which concerns me.

· Premium Member
3,970 Posts
Sunny and 62F in my area on Sunday, so I went for a 2-hour, pre-Super Bowl ride. It was nice, lotta bikes out.

· Premium Member
1,622 Posts
I took the GSXR and my friend took the SV yesterday. We logged about 180 miles of twisties. He took a great pic, but hasn't sent it to me yet.

· Registered
836 Posts
Did what is turning into the Sunday 200. Up to 44 then 42. Nice little area along the southern edge of the Ocala National Forrest, loads of bikes on 42.

· Registered
2,047 Posts
I was planning on going for a real nice ride in the malibu hills but my body conspired against me. I was getting out of the shower this morning and something in my upper back popped and now it hurts a bit to move my neck/head. Went for a short ride to see how I felt on the bike and the pain kept me from moving on the bike properly. I did get ver to cycle gear and get these comp shorts so maybe if Im feeling better tomorrow I can ride.

· Premium Member
13,325 Posts
I did my 9th annual stupidbowl sunday Kanc ride today, just a little over 200 miles round trip, at home temps were in the upper 20s, at Kancamangus Pass, closer to 10°, wind was gusting to 50, about 15 miles of road with about 1 foot wide of bare pavement, not the worse stupidbowl sunday kanc ride, but not the best either

gotta love my gerbings ;D

· Registered
279 Posts
rode to ace hardware, advance autoparts, and then to school and back, making my fender eliminator in the meantime. good day

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.