Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am planing my third mod. I want to give the bike some more braking bite. I was thinking about getting stainless steel braided lines and some EBC HH pads. Would this mess with the ABS causing it to malfunction?

Mechanically speaking I believe that abs will activate as as soon as the front wheel (or back) gets to an almost stop hence preventing the lock, no matter the speed of how hard you brake...

Am I wrong?
Will the ABS be thrown off by SSB lines or EBC pads and behave erratically?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had braided lines fitted to my gen. 3 SV with ABS about one year ago, along with EBC HH FA brake pads, and it made a sensible improvement over the stock braking.
No, there's nothing wrong with braided lines and ABS, in fact some european manufacturers (e.g. Aprilia) fit them as stock on their bikes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you skywalker67 I will put both of them then. I wanted less of a spongy feel when braking and more response. I can't do 1 or 2 finger brakes now.. the lever requires a harder press, it need my whole hand to operate.. I am hoping to get that hard braking feel with these mods and a new brake fluid.

·
Registered
204 Posts
With braided lines and sintered brake pads I can easily squeeze the front brake lever with two fingers, long gone is the spongy feeling: brakes respond almost immediately.

Can't help with the ones you linked, since I bought them from a well reputed local manufacturer (Frentubo).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thank you skywalker67 I will put both of them then. I wanted less of a spongy feel when braking and more response. I can't do 1 or 2 finger brakes now.. the lever requires a harder press, it need my whole hand to operate.. I am hoping to get that hard braking feel with these mods and a new brake fluid.
What year is your Gen 3? I'm suspecting you have a '17 or '18 model which have the two pot brake calipers. You can only do so much with these brakes. Suzuki upgraded the SV650 brakes in 2019 to four pot calipers. They're much better. I have a Gen 2 and a Gen 3 in my garage so am speaking from first hand experience.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My SV is 2017 and, yes, I have the 2-pot calipers.
In any case, for my street riding style, the improvement of braided lines and sintered pads is really noticeable.

I agree that the new 4-pot calipers will make it a lot better, but before going the adaptors+4-pot calipers route I would suggest trying braided lines and better brake pads: maybe the improvement will prove satisfactory, and if it isn't it will still help with new calipers.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My SV is 2017 and, yes, I have the 2-pot calipers.
In any case, for my street riding style, the improvement of braided lines and sintered pads is really noticeable.

I agree that the new 4-pot calipers will make it a lot better, but before going the adaptors+4-pot calipers route I would suggest trying braided lines and better brake pads: maybe the improvement will prove satisfactory, and if it isn't it will still help with new calipers.
Oh yeah for sure, he may as well do that. New calipers are crazy money. I was just curious what his set up was.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Kiwi Rider Yeah mine is a 2017 with 2 pot calipers.... Sad...... yeah I will buy the SSBL with so there's pads first and revaluate.

@Skywalker67 that Frentubo seems nice and have competitive prices. And you seem pretty satisfied with them. I think I will call them up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those also look nice. Its a done deal I will put SSBL on the motorcycle as soon as possible.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I pieced together my front brakes using the SVR adapters, NISSIN calipers,
Russell banjos, and Goodridge black stainless lines. I think it works great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts