Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Bah..I wouldn't have bought them if I had known they make no difference.

The OEM feels really squishy, and I can't seem to lock the front tire no matter how hard I squeeze, has fresh fluid in it too. :dontknow:

Edit: I ordered some earlier, didn't recieve them yet.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Dread said:
The OEM feels really squishy, and I can't seem to lock the front tire no matter how hard I squeeze, has fresh fluid in it too. :dontknow:
Then you probably have a problem in the caliper, master cylinder or pad/discs.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Even with 4 year old fluid and stock lines I could lock her up. I think it had a lot to do with bottoming out the suspension though. It is easier to lock em with the new lines and fluid though(should say was, now that fluid has aged)

Reactions: Straticus

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't get me wrong, the SS lines are great and worth it. I have a consistent feel across the whole pull of the lever, and it feels great. I can't say that it makes me brake harder, but I have a better feel to the lever, and would still recommend them...

·
Registered
10 Posts
did you guys change out the stock calipers too? or just plug and play straight into stock? for the Galfer SS Brake Lines

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quick question

If I'm planning an upgrade to SS for the rears, would I need to install a new replacement switch for the rear brakes?

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
depends on the rearset. if rearset has provisions for a brake switch mount and lever has provisions for the spring, then it will still work.
otherwise the vortex? pressure switch banjo bolt works fine

61 - 69 of 69 Posts