Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
zukis dad said:
Are the banjo fitting on the galfer lines aluminum or steel?
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Yeah, all banjos are steel

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
There's still a few companies using alloy... They were outlawed for road use here a while back, but that doesn't stop people :BangHead:

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I use HEL... But I bet you an entire pound that I couldn't tell the difference between those and any other decent brand in action, and nor could anyone else I reckon.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
So everyone mentioned brand, but only 2 guys mentioned price.

Who has the best price for SS lines? My fronts are starting to go to hell, I think I have air in the line or something, hard/soft/hard/soft.

New fluid and SS lines are in my near future.

·
Registered
93 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:
So everyone mentioned brand, but only 2 guys mentioned price.

Who has the best price for SS lines? My fronts are starting to go to hell, I think I have air in the line or something, hard/soft/hard/soft.

New fluid and SS lines are in my near future.
I just did the Galfer SS lines (in front and back, they have to match right?). I bought from solomotoparts.com for a pretty good price. $79.99 Front and $49.31 for the rear for my 2000 SV. The lines had never been replaced so I thought it was a good time to do it, as well as new pads and rotors. Man it will stop on a dime now, and I have had to adjust my braking pattern for the quicker response (bought EBC HH pads and EBC Pro-Lite Rotors). I have ordered three times from solomotoparts.com and have had a good experience with them, except for the galfer lines, they were backordered for a week before they shipped, but that was a decent price on this IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Northwind said:
Also, OEM lines are on a 4-year replacement cycle, so if you've got a carbed SV you're overdue- and OEM costs a fortune compared to aftermarket.
I guess that's me. Time to be blinging out to the Galfer...

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Kneedraggers has Galfers, for the 650, gen I or II, $90 for the fronts and $50 for the rear. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
I installed the Spiegler 3 line set (same as stock). Less volume, better feel than two long lines from the master. The banjos look like aluminum because of the coating, but they are steel. A bit over $120 delivered, but I can't remember where I bought them.

If your lines are 5 years old or older I would also replace the rear. And as long as you're replacing it you might as well go stainless.

Stainless lines do feel different, but it's not like night and day. You have to be squeezing pretty hard before you feel any difference at all. They're better, IMHO, because they last virtually forever.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Did you miss that solomotoparts.com has the Galfer dual setup lines for the sv650 for $80, $10 cheaper than most other places? I shopped a bunch and that was the cheapest I found, although it took 6 days to ship, and over $75 spent had free shipping at the time. That was the dual line from the master cylinder to the brakes, bypassing the split.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Where to get Spiegler lines? Who carries Speiglers?

21 - 40 of 69 Posts