Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
I have used Goodridge and Galfer..... Its a good upgrade for the money, particularly for bikes that have aged rubber lines.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
IMO, you don't really need the set. I'd just get the front lines. The stock rear brake is fine for what when it's needed, and is grabby enough as is. The front is where it's at.

And yes, Galfer is good.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
akapero said:
IMO, you don't really need the set. I'd just get the front lines. The stock rear brake is fine for what when it's needed, and is grabby enough as is. The front is where it's at.

And yes, Galfer is good.
I agree that rear is overkill..... but if a replacement is needed, may as well.....

·
Registered
679 Posts
akapero said:

And yes, Galfer is good.
+1 add some EBC HH pads and that thing will stop fast!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I've used every brand out and they are all equally as good

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm a fan of the Spiegler lines. They make both three line and two line fronts and their line ends have some adjustability. That's what I used on my first gen naked.

I've used Galfer lines on my KLR and I like them just fine. No experience with any others.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
just don`t get the silver, the ones with the clear outer tube, that looks ugly after a while, starts to look brownish, at least here in the socal sun, no need for a ss line in the back beside looks, normaly you want less braking power in the back

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Galfer good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Get some aftermarket break pads as well. The SS lines are great for quci fluid delivery but the stock pads don't compliment the new lines very well. Braking was so much better with these two things upgraded. The rear is not nessesary as mentioned before.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I have Speigler lines and love them ;)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
+1 to Galfer SS Lines. Not only do they help braking performance but they look sweet and chicks dig em*!

[size=6pt]*chicks=motorcycle geeks[/size]

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
SS lines are worth the money. They will improve the feel of the brakes and will last as long as the bike.

SS lines DO NOT improve brake performance. You need to change pads and/or rotors if you want to change performance. Even the brake master has little to do with "performance". Changing the bore diameter or the geometry of the lever and plunger will change feel, but the performance end is at the pads and rotors.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Also, OEM lines are on a 4-year replacement cycle, so if you've got a carbed SV you're overdue- and OEM costs a fortune compared to aftermarket.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I've got Galfer SS lines on my bike. They were there when I bought it, but I dig 'em. They look good and seem to be pretty weather resistant.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts