Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Ordered some custom SS brake lines for the gixxer front end from Cyclebrakes.com a couple weeks ago and I just wanted to recommend them highly.

Melissa is their main contact there and she was extremely helpful. She assisted me with mixing and matching pieces for my app. Every question, technical and otherwise, was answered quickly. When something didn't seem kosher she contacted me right away. We both had fax machine issues and she was very accomodating. When I specified the line lengths and typoed/reversed the L/R lengths she caught it called me back to check (Phew!). Shipped quickly!

It's not just that everything went right (try that with the boneheads at the dealership ::), but that anything with the potential to be wrong, a delay, etc., was handled timely and with professionalism. Damn shame more consumer experiences can't be like this. Nothing but good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nudist said:
Goodridge for me
Eh. I figure SS is SS if you're just street riding - I had no brand preference other than 'not POS'. I appreciate good customer service, particularly when it's getting less common, and don't mind dropping a bit o' coin to get it.

And I got those groovy straight-to-the-caliper fittings (no banjo). OK that was just bling but WTF it's my bike.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
toddpnewton said:
Eh. I figure SS is SS if you're just street riding - I had no brand preference other than 'not POS'. I appreciate good customer service, particularly when it's getting less common, and don't mind dropping a bit o' coin to get it.

And I got those groovy straight-to-the-caliper fittings (no banjo). OK that was just bling but WTF it's my bike.
Yea, I mean its going to be a great improvement no matter what... so F it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nudist said:
Goodridge for me
+1, blue kevlar with red fittings, m-m-m

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
toobrokeforthat said:
stainless steel is NOT stainless steel.

well i forgot to quote it when he said it so ill clarify.  Not all steel is created equal.
Of course! - I did qualify it with..
1) NOT POS
2) Street riding - the implication being that a 2-3% difference in spec. isn't going to really matter for what I need.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
heh youd still be surprised. When we run stainless at work its amazing watching the quality control ratings go by. Company A considers a product prime and acceptable, Company B considers the same coil unacceptable. Will you ever know the difference...probly not....but rest assured when we were makin the steel we were makin jokes about some poor sucker ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can someone in this thread(or elsewhere) post some pics of their SV with SS lines installed. thanks already.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I bought Spiegler lines when I did my '02 naked. I like the adjustable ends, and I wanted to keep the three-line front setup. Niice product.

·
Registered
235 Posts
+1 for Cyclebrakes.com. I ordered a set of SS Galfer lines from them for my Kawasaki - good service, good price and quick delivery.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
i had Galfer on my 03 sv...im planning on soon putting some on my 05...

I had no complaints what so ever with them :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.