Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 2003 I am 19 On my Teal, Orange and Pink 1995 YZF 600.

I had heard of this thing they call the Suicide Burnout. I proceed in a parking lot at Bible College to dismount my bike, Prop my right leg on the front tire and rev the engine to 8K Holding the brake while doing this.

I gently release the clutch till she starts to spin and I let go of the clutch. I can feel the rear getting hot and I have no idea how to stop this thing so I keep feeding it throttle to keep it from running my over.

I can't stop it I am in full panic as about 100 other students are watching me knowing I am in big trouble because its been roasting for about 30 - 40 seconds at WOT.

I grab the clutch going to full rev and then slap the kill switch while letting go of the brake.

I am about to faint I am so nervous and tip the bike over as I get back on it, much to the amusement of the student body.

It wasn't until the end of summer that someone handed me an article about suicide burnouts being a little on the rediculously dangerous side.

I wasted my tire and I am lucky I didn't need knee surgery.

Now I ride ATGATT and so does every passenger and I haven't burned a tire in several years.

Who else has some dirty laundry.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
I ride with no helmet on game day when I go downtown.

:eek:

I have heard of "someone" that enjoys riding up/down staircases at the campus of a major local university :vroom:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Riding with a pack of SS's though the angles crest highway. They had little to no commen sense. I had even less for joining them.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Before I knew what safety was, I routinely rode to school (PA turnpike to the Schuylkill expressway into Philadelphia) wearing jeans, a T-shirt, and sandals. They weren't flip-flops, but probably would offer the same level of protection. My wife (girlfriend at the time) would ride on the back with flip-flops. I did have a helmet, but it was a super cheap piece of junk that had been dropped many times.

I've since learned my lessons, and now wear full gear all the time.

I don't do burnouts or wheelies, I'm not cool enough for that.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Before I knew what safety was, I routinely rode to school (PA turnpike to the Schuylkill expressway into Philadelphia) wearing jeans, a T-shirt, and sandals. They weren't flip-flops, but probably would offer the same level of protection. My wife (girlfriend at the time) would ride on the back with flip-flops. I did have a helmet, but it was a super cheap piece of junk that had been dropped many times.
When I was 18 I had an '81 Virago. I had the same gear but my helmet had a spike.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The dumbest thing I have done was pass a car on a short road, maybe a little over an 1/8th of a mile, and there was a bridge that was about 20 yards long, and then 10 feet of pavement, then the stop sign.. I could see that nobody was coming on the road coming up.. go around the car and hammer it... I hit the brakes as I approach the bridge and see there is a big bump... so I let off for a quick second, over the bump, then back on again.

Went right through the stop sign and the front tire stopped on the grass on the far side of the road. Duhhhhhhhhh..... that was a little embarrassing when the lady driving the car gave me the look of "Are you an f-ing retard or what?"

·
Registered
9,562 Posts
wheelied the TL in the rain with a tshirt on. Sounded like fun,.

and it was.

Also, when i first got the SV I had shorts on all the time. That was summer 07, since fall 07 i've always had jean on.

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
We don't have enough time or beer to get into this right now. ;)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Wheelied past a cop who was doing a traffic stop. :)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Commuting to work, and somehow I became interested in the landscaping of a house I was passing by, then I turn my attention back to traffic and I find myself closing in FAST on a Ford Ranger... so I grab a grip of front brake and smash the rear brake. I feel the back fish-tail a bit. Luckily I was going about 20mph (semi-high-traffic speed on city street).

I know for sure the car behind me saw me fish-tail a bit. I felt dumb, scared, and grateful all at the same time. ;D

Haha, that's SWEET! that needs to go into the SVR Videos section if not already there. I bet the rider at time: 0:50 was like "huh?, why aren't their engines revving? Is that an electric MC?" That must be the best twisty/race vid I've ever seen.

edit* ok, no SVR photos/videos thread... someone needs to dedicate a specific area for such posts?

·
Registered
160 Posts
when i was a teenager i rode my bike with no title, no insurance and no helmet for quite a while. umm... the tabs were still good though ;) i was pretty "cool" i guess.

·
Registered
9,562 Posts
that is some funny sh1t nate and john.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Commuting to work, and somehow I became interested in the landscaping of a house I was passing by, then I turn my attention back to traffic and I find myself closing in FAST on a Ford Ranger... so I grab a grip of front brake and smash the rear brake. I feel the back fish-tail a bit. Luckily I was going about 20mph (semi-high-traffic speed on city street).

I know for sure the car behind me saw me fish-tail a bit. I felt dumb, scared, and grateful all at the same time. ;D
I've done that on several occasions. If you pulled a wicked stoppie, that would have been Nexus242but super awesome.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nearly followed the leader into the back of a pickup. My friend was riding lead on a ex500, I kept my eyes on him instead of the road infront. He swerved off the road after looking down because of his contacts, looking back up to see a car stopped infront of him. I did a fish tailed the back but managed to barely stop for the car. Old lady driving just have been ... quite startled.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts