Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a small jump off a sloped curve near my buddies house that I keep doing. I know it's bad for my suspension but it does have a nice little transition so it's a smooth landing if I hit it just right. It's a little too irresistible and it got me thinking... Have any of you jumped your SV? If so, how high did you get it? I would guess I got both wheels about 1 and 1/2 feet off the ground.

-josh

K

·
0 Posts
I jumped my SV ALL the time. There was a set of railroad tracks a few miles outside of my house and they go up on both sides...I would hit it at about 35mph and get both tires at least 2ft off the ground, I will see if I can find the old tapes of it, it was glorious. And its VERY bad for your bike, I scraped the bottom of my exhaust on the road after I hit the jump everytime. Its also dangerous...but its fun and well worth the risk to me!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I hate to admit it, but I have jumped the SV over this particular rise in the road right before a nice set of twisties... but not 1 1/2 feet in the air! Damn dude!

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I've been on Hurricane Mountain Road

jumps where the rear wheel lands first are smooth, but not once that coe down on the front first

·
Registered
745 Posts
I posted a story a loooooooong time ago about a rise in the road after a long sweeper near my house. I was down in the sweeper so far that the tall grass on the side of the road could have slapped my face shield and was steadily gaining speed. I reached the rise and never let off the throttle. BIG MISTAKE! My front end went straight up and I heard my rear fender scratch the pavement. It came back down smooth enough but I had to stop and clean my superroos afterward. :eek:

G

·
0 Posts
What? No Napolean Dynamite references?? I am in awe of your restraint.

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
I've never jumped the SV, but back in the day on my GS500 I would always jump this curb in town where it was kindof like a ramp. Never anything too high (prob. 6"), but always fun.
And of course the RR tracks, where at 60+, you could clear the plateau, and come down on the other side smooth.

H

·
0 Posts
Squid...... ;D

Sometimes I can't help myself either....I've had all my bikes airborne at one point in time or another. It's just too much fun to resist! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've done it a few times just last month, can't say they were entirely planned orgot serious air, but I had a hard time wiping the smile off my face afterward ;D

C

·
0 Posts
I could never resist a drop off on my daily commute to work. There was a nice straightaway in the city ( you could get up to 50mph nicely if no traffic) that came to the crest of a hill that just dropped off. If anyone was ever rode to the top of a hill in a car and not been able to see the slope in front of them, you know the kind of hill I am talking about. If you hit it at about 45 while leaning back slightly, you didn't get the same type of air, but you got a lot of it. You never got more than about 8-10 in off the ground, but you cruised about 12 ft down the hill before touching down on the back tire. That was fun - now thats one thing I have missed since moving :(

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
maybe if I had a naked I would try... but s model with clipons would be a little scary on the landing.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I once lived in some apartments with about 6 or 8 speed bumps. I got pretty good at hopping off those.A little throttle right as the front tire hits the speed bump and you can get both ends off the ground. Not major air but its still lots of fun. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
wonderjosh said:
maybe if I had a naked I would try... but s model with clipons would be a little scary on the landing.
I have a S. Its not that big a deal if you keep it small.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts