Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my alpinestar smx-3's picked up a squeak in the heel at the catskills rally. i suspect it was because they got wet, but it's still there and bugging the hell out of me when i walk around. any tricks to getting rid of it?

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
If they are leather, use regular leather boot polish.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The plastic vertebra on the back of my Sidis were annoying the hell outta me. I went back to the shop and asked what could be done. The salesman, also a track junkie, told me he uses a small shot of Pam cooking spray. I tried it and have been squeak free for over a year. ;)

M

·
0 Posts
I have the same problem with my Oxtar TCS Evo RX. They squeak alot because of the vertebra system. I do have a little bottle of sillicon (I don't remember if that's right) for that but haven't tried it yet.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
I believe GMSlave (may be someone else, memory as well as hearing is going ;D ;D ;D ) in an earlier post used Chapstick on the plastic vertebrae.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Yup, I used Chapstick on my Oxtar boots over a year ago and they haven't made a peep since. Save your K-Y lube, it doesn't work. Not that I tried it or anything...... ::)

B

·
0 Posts
I used to work at REI in the footwear department selling hiking boots and the like. If the squeak is coming from the insole, vs. the actual upper itself...pull the insole out and throw a little baby powder down there, works like a charm.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
belltold12 said:
I used to work at REI in the footwear department selling hiking boots and the like.  If the squeak is coming from the insole, vs. the actual upper itself...pull the insole out and throw a little baby powder down there, works like a charm. 
sorry, but the squeak is definitely coming from the vertebrea in the heal. you can make it squeak with your hands by flexing that part and not moving the insole at all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts