Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my engine is sputtering around the 4-5k rpm range. it's great before and after there. any ideas what's causing it?

thanks

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hove you changed or added anything recently? How many miles does it have?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i put on a slip-on on, but it did it before then too, so that isn't it... there's only about 4k miles on the **** thing

·
Registered
290 Posts
mine does it between 3 and 4k. super annoying.

i've adjusted the TPS and i have a slip on as well, and i cant remember when i started noticing it.

thinking maybe throttle body synch? bad fueling map? hell i have no idea.

post up if you figure anything out

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's so annoying. it makes for some rather unexpected accelerations and decelerations while i'm taking turns sometimes and sucks the big one. i'll try FI cleaner, but i don't think that's what it is. i don't see how, if it is the injectors, it wouldn't act like that all the time...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also have an 07 and mine started doing the same thing. just like you not sure why. Just been living with it so far. I started down shifting to get rid of the sputters and runnung higher rpms a little longer.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Sounds like this may be a fairly common problem. Maybe it's a faulty TPS. Yamaha had a recall for faulty TPS units on the early FJR's.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine does it too, between 3800 and 4700... I just cruise at about 5k now, no sputters and the engine has the best tone too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts