Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new front and rear sprokets on my 2003 SV650S.....Has anyone ever installed them on a bike themselves or know if its possible to do it without takin it to a mechanic and gettin hit up with an $85 an hour labor charge????? Thanx

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
isn't it just a couple bolts that hold them on. i've never done it but it doesn't sound to hard.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Simple process, to me anyways. Stick a 2x4 through the spokes of the rear wheel above the swingarm. Get 32mm socket, and a huge fucking bar extension for your wrench. I used a 4 footer, and had to stand on it to get the nut off the front sprocket. Rear one is simple though, just a matter of taking off the wheel and popping off all the sprocket nuts.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I got an electric impact wrench from Harbor Freight for $39.99 and it zips the front sprocket nut right off! Rear wasn't too hard to change either. Give it a try! You can also think about changing your gearing around too. You either have a 15/44 (S) or 15/45 (nakid) stock ratio. I went to the 14/45 set up and I LOVE the increased grunt getting up to speed and riding two up. Good luck with it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.