Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so another question guys, I am wanting to get off the line a little quicker as well as pull the front end up a little faster/sooner. So what is the factory size for the rear sprocket?? 45 teeth 44 teeth?? just wondering, and another quick question, bone stock how fast has anyone had thier SV..yesterday I was goofing around and hit 135 but got a little weary bc of where I was.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
:happy1:

get a new rear sprocket and chain. factory is 44 if its an S model. My SV does about 150 with the NOS

50 tooth

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool cool, I have a 2001 929RR, Full Yosh, Power Commander III, K&N.........that's for that high speed riding, I am wanting a smaller sprocket for my SV so I can pull it up easier, that's the right thought process right? The smaller the sprocket the slower over all speed I will have but better off the line right?..........................

My ultimate goal for this bike is to be a good city bike, off the line fast, stunt it, I'm not too concerned with going 100mph + I have had one life threating crash already

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cool cool, I have a 2001 929RR, Full Yosh, Power Commander III, K&N.........that's for that high speed riding, I am wanting a smaller sprocket for my SV so I can pull it up easier, that's the right thought process right? The smaller the sprocket the slower over all speed I will have but better off the line right?..........................

My ultimate goal for this bike is to be a good city bike, off the line fast, stunt it, I'm not too concerned with going 100mph + I have had one life threating crash already
You would want bigger in the rear and/or smaller in the front to increase acceleration. The common conversion is -1 in the front and +2 in the rear. My naked SV is 45T stock in the rear and I believe 15T in the front. I'm debating whether I want to go with 15T/48T or 14T/47T combo. Does anybody know the advantage of switching over to a 520 setup from the stock 525?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You would want bigger in the rear and/or smaller in the front to increase acceleration. The common conversion is -1 in the front and +2 in the rear. My naked SV is 45T stock in the rear and I believe 15T in the front. I'm debating whether I want to go with 15T/48T or 14T/47T combo. Does anybody know the advantage of switching over to a 520 setup from the stock 525?
weight, less rotational mass.

·
Registered
299 Posts
This thread's kind dead now, but stock is 15 front, then 44 for the sport, and 45 for the naked in the rear.

Consider the gearing as rear/front, so decrease the front, or increase the rear for quicker acceleration.

I don't know how the hell you hit 130. My bike CRAWLS past 80. It'd take me like 10 minutes to hit 120, if it's even capable. Then again, I'm 6'7, 215. You must weigh like 10lbs, lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am 6' 5" and 220. My 2000 naked bike will get to 110 in a hurry. Beyond 110 it is much slower and takes a lot of road. I have had it up to 120 but ran out of track.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
This thread's kind dead now, but stock is 15 front, then 44 for the sport, and 45 for the naked in the rear.

Consider the gearing as rear/front, so decrease the front, or increase the rear for quicker acceleration.

I don't know how the hell you hit 130. My bike CRAWLS past 80. It'd take me like 10 minutes to hit 120, if it's even capable. Then again, I'm 6'7, 215. You must weigh like 10lbs, lol.
you bike is a dog

I weigh 300 geared up and my SV would get me up to 115 or so (real mph on GPS, not stock speedo) in a hurry (12.54/109.6 in ¼) stock nekid 1st gen with over 100k, at that point, acceleration begins to slow down a bit, but you can easily hit top speed between 125 & 130 within a half mile from a stop

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
the stock "S" comes with a 108 link for a 15 44 tooth sprocket setup.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
you bike is a dog

I weigh 300 geared up and my SV would get me up to 115 or so (real mph on GPS, not stock speedo) in a hurry (12.54/109.6 in ¼) stock nekid 1st gen with over 100k, at that point, acceleration begins to slow down a bit, but you can easily hit top speed between 125 & 130 within a half mile from a stop
+1

I'm a big boy and I can easily hit 100.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I just bought me a Vortex sprocket kit for the bike haven't swapped it out yet, and by the way had it at 128 yesterday

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So for my 06SV650S to do a 520 conversion I need to go with a 15 tooth up front and a 46 in the rear?......................lol all I want to do is some better wheelies..no offense to my bike but it just doesn't pop it up like all my previous bikes...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts