Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it seems like SS is taking awhile on sprocket orders, but is that from them direct? What about aluminum rears in stock size from www.kneedraggers.com, since it seems SS sells through other dealers too. It says on ronayers they have 100,000s in stock, so I shouldnt have to wait right?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,333 Posts
I just got an aluminum 46t rear from Street & Comp in 3 days
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RandyO said:
I just got an aluminum 46t rear from Street & Comp in 3 days
And its a SS brand? If so then thats great cause theres alot of talk about ordering from SS themselves they are held up, but I'm guessing thats for the ones that they custom make to order and such.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,333 Posts
evilbologna said:
RandyO said:
I just got an aluminum 46t rear from Street & Comp in 3 days
And its a SS brand? If so then thats great cause theres alot of talk about ordering from SS themselves they are held up, but I'm guessing thats for the ones that they custom make to order and such.
No, and I would not recommend anything from sprocket specialists, got sprockets from them once, (back when they provided great service) never again, the sprockets were toast in less than 10k

since then, I have been getting my rear sprocket from S&C (front oem Suzuki) thru my dealer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
I've bought sprockets from Sprocket Specialists and had the same experience as Randy. Both sets were toast in 10k. Not only that, but it took almost two months to get them.

Kneedragers.com advised me against Sprocket Specialists - said they were almost two months behind on their orders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
Well my experience is different. I ordered a sprocket from them for my F3 rear wheel. Hard anodized. They were very helpful on the phone setting me up with what I needed and I got it in about 5 days. Decent price considering it was a custom job and after over 1,000 miles it isn't showing any wear at all. I don't know if I'll get decent mileage out of it or not, but considering that there isn't a steel sprocket for the set up I have available, I'm satisfied. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Something that may be worth looking into, the '05 DL650 Vstrom gets a 525 chain and sprockets. The stock rear size is 47 tooth. This sprocket might be a bolt-on fit for our SV, but I haven't had a chance to investigate.

Cost from ronayers is about $55.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
I've bought sprockets from Sprocket Specialists and had the same experience as Randy. Both sets were toast in 10k. Not only that, but it took almost two months to get them.

Kneedragers.com advised me against Sprocket Specialists - said they were almost two months behind on their orders.
what do you guys really expect from an aluminum sprocket?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,333 Posts
Novadesigns said:
Well my experience is different. I ordered a sprocket from them for my F3 rear wheel. Hard anodized. They were very helpful on the phone setting me up with what I needed and I got it in about 5 days. Decent price considering it was a custom job and after over 1,000 miles it isn't showing any wear at all. I don't know if I'll get decent mileage out of it or not, but considering that there isn't a steel sprocket for the set up I have available, I'm satisfied. :)

that was my expereince to, great service, sprocket showed not signs of wear after 1k, it was still toast in less than 10k, that's with a scottoiler,

a sprocket would have to be made of chocolate to show signs of weart in only 1k
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,333 Posts
wonderjosh said:
AvidSV650Rider said:
I've bought sprockets from Sprocket Specialists and had the same experience as Randy. Both sets were toast in 10k. Not only that, but it took almost two months to get them.

Kneedragers.com advised me against Sprocket Specialists - said they were almost two months behind on their orders.
what do you guys really expect from an aluminum sprocket?
I get 35k from my aluminum rear from Street & Comp
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top