Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just need to know the size of the 3 bolts that hold the sprocket cover in. I got a cover off ebay for $25. But apparently they forgot to send the bolts. I've searched online for the bolts and found them. They are 09103-06224 but altogether with shipping its like $12 just for the bolts. So if anyone can please tell me the Length and the Size so I could pick them up at home depot for $1, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

This site has a pic of it, it is #9. http://www.motosport.com/street/oem.php?make=SUZUKI&type=SPORT&model=SV650&year=2005&groupId=74168

·
Registered
522 Posts
This isn't a lot of help but I'm pretty sure they have an 8mm hex head, as for the threads I have no idea. Your best beat may just be to pick up a bunch and find which ones fit.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Ehh? What. I just got back from home depot and this fits perfectly #12-24 x 2''
You've jammed an SAE bolt into metric threads. The numbers I gave you are the bolt diameter (6mm), the thread pitch (1.0mm) and the length (45mm). The SAE bolt you used is a #12 diameter (dunno what that equates to, but it's likely a hair less than 1/4") 24 threads per inch (1.0mm = 25.4 threads per inch) and 2" long (which equals 50.8mm) So it's close, and I guess close enough.
Why would you even have looked at SAE bolts for a Japanese bike though??

·
Registered
522 Posts
If what he says is correct (and it sounds like he knows) you really should get the correct bolt, stick to metric this time...NOTHING on that bike is standard. Welcome to the world of imports.

·
Registered
367 Posts
FYI: these bolts (the correct ones, that actually match the engine case bolts) are less than $2 each from the dealer. Why would anyone want to screw around with some cheap non-stainless crap from Home Depot, unless there is no Suzuki dealer in your county.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Ehh? What. I just got back from home depot and this fits perfectly #12-24 x 2''
Fits perfectly through the hole isnt the same as fits perfectly in the engine.

You should be aware that your motorcycle was made using metric fasteners, therefore you shouldnt be putting SAE fasteners in metric holes unless you've already re-tapped them to be SAE threads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts