Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a couple of days the high has bumped into the 70s. Prime riding weather around here, and there's not a lot of stuff blooming yet, so my allergies are leaving me alone. (I've noticed they're bothering me less the longer I live here).

For all you riders who may be a bit rusty, heading out for the first time in a while, remember to check your bike carefully, and take it easy for a few miles. Ride some familiar roads for a bit before getting too adventurous. Remember that even familiar roads may have some surprises after the freeze/thaw cycles of winter.

Riding is great, I was out yesterday and today (although I must confess I wasn't on the SV today), and I'll be out tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Spring isnt here in Canada yet. We are going back to -temps this week :(

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'd settle for dry... 70's would be heaven.

That's it. I'm moving south.

BTW -- riding around Tahoe is a dream of mine. I love that area.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Yah, it's 70's here this weekend, LET'S RIDE! ;D

·
Registered
904 Posts
I got the bike out for the first time yesterday, and now it will probably be sitting for another 2 weeks. :(

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
It was 72F here in Cleveland yesterday, but my bike is still in pieces. Made some good progress towards getting it roadworthy, though. :)

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Bike is in pieces - Im going golfing.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Its 81 yesterday here and 82 today in Richmond, but supposed to start raining tomarow all the way through Next Friday... Sad... But this weekend has been amazing!!

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Bike is in pieces - Im going golfing.
Golf?! Ugh.

It is supposed to get cold again by the end of next week. I am on Spring break and I plan to go on a couple rides this week longer than my normal commute or short loops here by the house.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Spring be sprung now that daylight savings time is back.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I rode to classes (30 miles away) on Thursday and Friday.. Yesterday was colder, and now we have heavy snow coming down like crazy.. lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Went for 250 mile ride yesterday on some of our GREAT Ozark roads, Around Greers Ferry Lake then up to Mt View and Blanchards Springs Caverns. BEAUTIFUL today but took bike apart for some maintainence and spring yard work.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got out and road today, it's not quite summer riding yet but just being on the bike brings a smile to my face. Racing has started so riding weather isn't far behind.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Was almost 70 here this past Saturday and we've already had a rider death :(

23 year old kid went off the road on his 03 yamaha going way too fast, helmet didn't help.

·
Registered
973 Posts
rode saturday for a bit, was in the 70's. Average temp for the next 10 days is between 70-75, and plenty of sun. Thats why i live in Florida and would never consider moving to
a northern state.God Bless my frozen bretheren in the midwest and northeast.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts