Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry Justin, I had this trip in my head all weekend and I beat you to the post.

I'm thinking mid-April or late May would work best for me. what are your thoughts folks. The weekend i was thinking of would be May 22nd-24th.

I liked where we stayed last time, that worked out great.

So let's hear it!

UPDATE 1********************
Its looking like the weekend of choice will be the last weekend of April, that would be the 24th-26th.

so far the list is
Yes
Chewbacca
Snatfinder
JPL_SV
Mikrace
Larry

Maybe
PatSully
SierraVista650 (possibly)
amtjim (Lazily)

No

In Spirit
Suzanne

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I like the last weekend in April, myself. Doesn't interfere with Arroyo's race schedule or graduation crap.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Since I'm almost a local to the area I plan on making a road condition report some time this month. So far I'm on the list. We need a RSVP list so we can plan on making reservations at the Mtn. Hi Lodge, last year we had about 20 riders.

You guys really need to check out the Cali roads. 74 is better than any AZ roads I've been on (it's like SRC but way more banked), and it's only 3.5hrs from Phx.;D

So lets do a roll call and decide on an exact weekend. I'll try to get a report on the road condition.

·
Registered
805 Posts
TJ, does late April still work for you?? If we get a cali ride organized for memorial day weekend, doing 191 the weekend before might be a stretch for alot of people. Between the two I would choose cali.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
TJ, does late April still work for you?? If we get a cali ride organized for memorial day weekend, doing 191 the weekend before might be a stretch for alot of people. Between the two I would choose cali.
The only thing I'm worried about is 74 being extremely busy on a holiday weekend.

Cali is much better than 191 IMO because: the roads are nice (no gravel or big rocks around every corner), so much in a shorter distance, and your closer to getting medical attention;) if needed. Not trying to scare you from 191, but you really gotta checkout 74 in Cali.;D

·
Registered
805 Posts
The only thing I'm worried about is 74 being extremely busy on a holiday weekend.
Thought about that and we could do it in a weekend. Leave Phoenix early Saturday, maybe around 7am. Should be able to get to Idylwild no later then 1pm, which would leave at least 5 hours to ride the mountains, then another 4-6 hours Sunday morning and leave Palm Springs area by 3pm, which would be reasonable for people that have to drive back to Show Low or Tucson.

10+ hours of riding there would be more than enough.:)

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
^ I should have that monday off. So trying to hurry back home so I can work the next day should not be an issue this time.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i've got a camping trip planned for the weekend of the 17th-19th of april. so any other weekend in april would work.

·
Registered
805 Posts
i've got a camping trip planned for the weekend of the 17th-19th of april. so any other weekend in april would work.
Sounds like the last weekend in April works for everyone, so far. Larry, Pat1, Pat2, and others, what about you??

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, i'm in. as long as **** for school doesn't pop up, that'll be near the home stretch for me. i'll hopefully be flying around going to job interviews then too... i'll keep ya'll updated as soon as i find out but put me down as IN right now.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
last weekend in april would be ok, or even first weekend in may, kind of a cinco de mayo thing.
i'm flexible.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Put me down as a maybe/possibly. I'm buying a new house that will close in April and my parents are coming out to visit and my wife's going on vacation to Florida to meet some of her friends and blah, blah blah. If I know what the date is for sure I can let you know for sure, but for now I'm just throwing my name in the hat.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'm a lazy maybe, work is up & down...maybe we can get some stimulus $...call it the stimulus rally?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I'm a lazy maybe, work is up & down...maybe we can get some stimulus $...call it the stimulus rally?
Nice Jim!;D I like the name, "AZ Stimulus Rally 2009".

So looks like we got:

Mike, Justin, Ben, T.J., Pat, Larry, Adam, and maybe Jim.

Speak up if you want on the list. And T.J., you need to keep up on the updates being the OP. We need to know the exact day/s and who's a yes and who's a maybe.;)

1 - 20 of 148 Posts