Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience installing a spray bed liner? Thinkin' of coating my fairing plastics with such....if it could stand it.

·
Registered
935 Posts
spray bed liner? man your crazy, that stuff gets super think and impossible to work with when it dries. go with blue indoor/outdoor carpet, the really shaggy cheezy lookin stuff. :)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i thought about doing this to my top tripple seeing as it is scratched any way

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, resists scratches, easy to clean and noone else has it around my city (i think). I have seen a truck that was totally painted in the stuff a few weeks ago. Shag carpet is too "Good Times pimpin' ugly" what were you thinking (That Guy)...besides berber is the way too go!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Ohh in not talkin about shag baby, lol, im talkin about blue indoor/outdoor. That long stuff, not that short pile stuff that people put in boats. Like the green door mats, only blue. If you did bedliner, it would be hard to keep the holes from getting filled , or having to get like 3 inch longer hardware for mounting everything. Although if you could pull this off with a colored bedliner like red or blue it would be perty cool. ;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
I used to work at a truck shop, I had them spray the top of my snowboard with that stuff. I love it. Never thought about doing it to the motorcycle though.

You would have to use the shine stuff every once in a while to keep it looking good. I would love to see you do this, might look into it myself.

But I do love my red

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I painted my old FZR race bike with spray rubber under-coating... Looks like crap but hides repairs and is easy to recoat.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I sprayed my SV with it and it looks great.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MullerJd.. what parts did you spray and how did you apply it? roller..spray can... or paint sprayer?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
meperfecthaa said:
MullerJd.. what parts did you spray and how did you apply it? roller..spray can... or paint sprayer?
I did all the bodywork and mirrors.  I bought the stuff in aerosol cans from Advance Auto.  Cost me about $50 to do everything. 

Here's a pic I just took.  You can't tell from this that it's liner though

·
Registered
629 Posts
yeah but like any bedliner spray it will usually turn a nice drab gray color over the years. For now that does look pretty good! I was expecting the old rough look of a true bedliner spray.

·
Registered
290 Posts
meperfecthaa said:
Got a friend of mine that did the whole inside of his Wylis jeep with it and got very good. He went to Home Depot and got a drywall spray texture gun and got the biggest nozzle for it. bought the stuff at Home Depot by the gallon and did all kinds of stuff with it.

Very durable, and sticks like mad.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I haven't read the entire thread so someone might have already suggested this
There is an equipment paint called hammerite that is super tough, comes in colors, can be sprayed, and actually looks pretty cool.. We use it in my shop for all kinds of custom stuff, It even goes on so thick that you can hide grinding scratches in metal with it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.