Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pictures!

Sportbike Northwest this year was a good event again. A couple of the rides were a little straighter than I like, but atleast they were in pretty areas. I got to hit the best road of my life ever. It's a forest road (meaning one paved lane with turnouts) and was about 8 miles of incredible corners. It had an amazing rhythm to it, I swear it was made for my SV. It was a shame I didn't get to go very far up it on the way home thanks to one of these guys...

But atleast I didn't hit it. I figured turning around after seeing a pack of ~10 of them was the best course of action. The ride home was great too, going the usual way up the east side of Mt. St. Helens from Cougar to Randle. Also avoided this...

... give them a 50 foot wide and 80 feet deep turnaround, and they still back out onto the road to keep going. ::)

Then a bit later I got the scaled down elk,

but I avoided that too.

All together I put about 1100 miles on the SV from Thursday to Sunday. That makes something like 2300 miles in two months of ownership, having been out of state for 6 weeks of that ;D. I love the bike, though I think I'm going to buy some Bikemaster handlebars for it, as these SM1's aren't made for comfort. I'm a little apprehensive about it since the previous owner said he got the SM1's because he felt like he was too in the wind, and other guys say the SM1's really improve front end feel - I love the bike as it is performance wise and don't want to shoot myself in the foot, but I bought it to be more comfortable than my Gixx and while it is, I wanna be even comfier! Plus, for $15 how wrong could I go? =P I just hope the SS lines on there are long enough to have other bars. So enjoy the pics, and if you're in the pacific northwest, come next year! It's a rockin good time.
(Click on the link for the pictures if you seriously think my pics are just the three I ganked from google images =P )

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He probably means the nice wide shot of St. Helens. Not a true panorama (it's a big pic cropped to be wide), but same idea. Syntheticton, you did click on the "My Pictures" link in the first line of the post, didn't you?

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Red Raevyn said:
He probably means the nice wide shot of St. Helens.  Not a true panorama (it's a big pic cropped to be wide), but same idea.  Syntheticton, you did click on the "My Pictures" link in the first line of the post, didn't you?
<homer simpson voice>doh! ;D

I didn't even notice the link... was just looking at the pics you posted... now I will go check link

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
ahh... now I see the panoramic pic... that is kinda cool

I liked the one with the lava flow... doesn't even look real... kinda "surreal" almost ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts