Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm looking for a rear stand for my '05 Svs. Does my bike come stock with spools for a stand, or do I need to buy some? Also, is there a difference between spool and swingarm stands? I'm used to a center stand and not rear stands, so give me some slack. I'm asking about having spools on my bike since i'm at college and am an hour and a half away from my baby.

Drew

·
Registered
397 Posts
just buy some spools for your bike, you should see the holes on the swingarm. Make sure you get the right size though.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can anyone attest to using a swingarm stand instead of a spool type stand?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
get the spools.... :D

ok that was my 2 cents..

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well a spool is essentially the same thing just a lot nicer and easier. I've used a swingarm stand that's the pad style, where it is universal to any bike. It works perfectly fine for all sorts of things, but it isn't as easy and fast to put it on and off. I have to either stand the bike up first or tilt the stand over, and finagle the right foot over the rear brake line then slide it back. I've also gotta make sure the swingarm is centered up and doesn't have too much on one and too little on the other. Probably takes up 1 minute that I would save if I had spools. My SV actually has spools, but I don't have the connections on the stand I've had for 2 bikes =P The stand I use is a Lockhart Phillips one, a buddy gave it to me but they're cheap. I'd reccomend it.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Red, that does help. I think i'll go and get some spools lickety split and thx for the first hand info. on the pad style stands...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Novadesigns said:
Spools are the way to go. Especially when you need to move the bike while its on stands. Try that will pads and the bike will sliode right off!
Actually I do it all the time, but yeah it'd be a bit easier/safer with spools I guess.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thx for all the replies! I ordered some swingarm spools that double as sliders off ebay. All i need now is an economical rear stand that will be stable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts