Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I thought about doing the same thing.............IMO it'd look cool on a 1st. Gen. S model!

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Expensive and it will just make your bike slower.

I agree though, they look cool as hell. A buddy of mine took the wire wheels off his Ducati Sport Classic and put Marchesini wheels off an ST3 on his bike. He weighed the wheels he took off and the wheels he put on and I think he said he lost over 20lbs of unsprung weight.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Short answer, yes.

I'll see if I can find the build.

There is actually a company that makes spoked wheels for the SV, but they're pretty pricey.

Link below, with a couple of small pictures:
http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/sv650.html

Edit: You can see the pictures in a larger size if you click on them (dam* slow internet)
Thanks for the link.

regardless of any weight difference, I am now thinking of buying the hubs direct from the mfg and lacing my own.

hmmm...next Winter's project.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is gorgeous

and i think it would look even better on a gen 1, but maybe im just partial

unless the extra weight is focused at the rims it would be more of an unsprung weight issue than rotational weight.
And regardless im not really worried about the weight... the weight of all the dollars it might cost is a concern

are Gen 2 wheels and hubs different than a Gen 1?

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
this is gorgeous

and i think it would look even better on a gen 1, but maybe im just partial

unless the extra weight is focused at the rims it would be more of an unsprung weight issue than rotational weight.
And regardless im not really worried about the weight... the weight of all the dollars it might cost is a concern

are Gen 2 wheels and hubs different than a Gen 1?
That's what I meant. Unsprung. Not sure why I said rotating... derp. :evil6:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts