Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG!!! Race 1 is exactly why I watch WSBK and like it over all others!!! Including the somewhat exciting MotoGP race in Japan.

I am not a huge Spies fan...met him and he just doens't seem that cool. Holy hell he can ride though! What an amazing race and incredible passes during the last few laps. 3 people all there for the top spot on the last lap. Congrats to Haslam too. Really want Haga to win the championship.

Can't wait for Race 2 to finish downloading.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HOLLY [email protected]!

Nice Ghost ride!
Exactly! If there aren't WSBK converts out there after this race...then they must be AMA lovers.

I know a lot of this had to do with the circuit for close racing but ****...WSBK is almost always close racing. I have NEVER seen so much fairing bumping. Haslam, Spies and Haga didnt want to give an inch. LOVED IT. Makes me look forward to WMRRA Rnd 2.

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
That pass Spies put on Haslam was one of the best bits of riding I've ever seen. Haslam deserved kudos too, hanging in there, not giving an inch and not crashing or taking Spies. Incredible stuff.

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
That pass Spies put on Haslam was one of the best bits of riding I've ever seen. Haslam deserved kudos too, hanging in there, not giving an inch and not crashing or taking Spies. Incredible stuff.

was amazing - but the final pass on Haga was almost as good - bummer for race 2 though......

·
Registered
904 Posts
Spies showed the kind of rider he is on race one but i guess he tried to hard for race 2 and Haga took full advantage championship wise.
There's still 500 points to be won, it's still wide open.
We just know who the major players are going to be now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can I get a link to that?
I get my downloads from racing-underground.com. If you don't have an invite code (which I don't have) it is almost impossible to get on.

This was televised on speed yesterday. Pretty quick for them. They had WSBK and MotoGP. Not bad.

Sorry.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have seen my share of racing on TV but Race 1 had to be up there on best of battles!

Of course there is a lot of racing left but I am hoping it is this good all the time. And no one starts to walk away with the championship...although, I would LOVE to see Haga win.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have seen my share of racing on TV but Race 1 had to be up there on best of battles!

Of course there is a lot of racing left but I am hoping it is this good all the time. And no one starts to walk away with the championship...although, I would LOVE to see Haga win.

I would like for Haga to win also but i want spies to keep it close. Haga is been trying for so long and this is his best chance to win it all. i believe Spies will end up in GP the way he is riding if not next year probably the next.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would like for Haga to win also but i want spies to keep it close. Haga is been trying for so long and this is his best chance to win it all. i believe Spies will end up in GP the way he is riding if not next year probably the next.
I was thinking that there are some racers that just do better in WSBK compared to MotoGP. I like the racing better in WSBK because of the closer racing...and more racers in it towards the end. I think people like Toseland and Edwards should come back to WSBK. Fits their style better. I too am hoping for close racing all the way to the end...but GO HAGA.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Awesome race 1. Race 2...ouch. As much as I would like Haga to win, something about rooting for a fellow American makes it all that much better. Regardless, I think Haga is going to win this year due to consistency. Spies will put up an awesome fight, but I think the crashes and other problems won't go away in his first season. I hope Spies goes to Motogp too, just to see how he fares against the competition. It will be a tough call on how he does. I agree, seems like the WBSK machinery suits his style better. Most of the riders in Motogp seem like horse jockies. Spies would look like a giant in Motogp.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Sunday's race , shows that Ben can think,known when to back off and race it to the limit+.I have met him,he isn't a Nicky or Jake,but he is a RACER!!! and he finally made me a FAN!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Actually the reason Haga doesn't have a championship is that he has been consistently inconsistent.

But, the R1 is a turd in comparison to the ducati and Ben is pushing it closer to its limits to compete; he has to take more chances to run up front. Haga, just like Troy Corser last year, can be pretty smooth and consistent on it without really wringing its neck. Mr. consistency Spies (zero dnf's in 3+ superbike seasons racing against Mladin) and reckless Haga didn't miraculously swap personalities overnight. I think it is the machines on which they race that is the difference. Nori is on Corser's old ride and Ben is on Haga's each with similar results.

All i know is that Suzuki are absolute idiots for not giving Ben a ride this year and basically letting him go. I'm not sure the status of Neukirchner and Nieto's contracts coming into this season, but i think Fonzi's contract was renewed instead of signing Ben. Idiots.

I'd have loved to see Ben on the new gixxer instead of on the overhyped big-bang R1. Ben is the only reason that bike is competitive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sunday's race , shows that Ben can think,known when to back off and race it to the limit+.I have met him,he isn't a Nicky or Jake,but he is a RACER!!! and he finally made me a FAN!!!
I have met him too and wasn't all that impressed.

Nori is on Corser's old ride and Ben is on Haga's each with similar results.
I think you meant Haga is on Baylis' old ride. Corser was Haga's teammate last year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts