Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pretty bored after work and decided to play around with my new (to me) lenses (This is what I'm talking of).

A bowl, an on-camera flash, water, a 50mm f/1.4 Zuiko legacy lens (all manual) and a faucet turned on just enough to drip yields this:

I obviously edited these to get the colors. I also figured out how to effectively use levels in photochop. Not really cheating, just a more complex Hue and Contrast edit.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

I think that today, I might try a different height so that I can get different splash patterns. I may also try to get a different sized droplet, but that shouldn't really make a difference. I'll have to see what other kinds of liquids I can use, on top of using my tripod this time and the 200mm lens ;D.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might try this too. Supposed to work on the bike tonight though.
FYI: from what I've read and heard, the flash is almost a necessity. While the camera can do 1/4,000 sec shutter (my E-410 and your XTi), the flash (a good one) will give something like a 1/20,000 burst of light.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The coolest shot I've seen was where the second drop hits the upward traveling droplet (like the droplet in my pics, it's moving upward). You get this airborne burst above the pillar. Very neat.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
You need to go find a pool and experiment with dropping different objects from different heights and photographing the splash.

Nice pics though, very crisp. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts