Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am working on a member's bike that he bought used 2 months ago. I took the front wheel off and the speedo drive cogs are all smashed off. I think the previous owner didn't have it lined up nicely when he put the wheel back on. Any suggestions to make this work? The little plastic tangs are not there so I can't just try to glue them back on.
ac

·
Registered
105 Posts
You have a suggestion or one you want to get rid of?

If it is the latter I will suggest he PM you.
ac
Yeah why not It's been in a box for ten years ,nothing wrong with it.Came off my 99 1st gen.I f you want it we can work something out ,pm me.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe it's cheaper when you order it direct from the dealer, i don't know what his price + shipping is.

Parts found with Part Number: 34983-21E00
Description: ROTOR,SPEEDOMETER
Price: $17.55

Part number 24
http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm...D/257748/Group/SPEEDOMETER_SV650SX_SY_SK1_SK2
I didn't realize you can get just the rotor. That is nice. I guess since it is so easy to destroy they broke it out so the dealers didn't have to buy new assemblies each time the new guy breaks one.
ac

·
Registered
105 Posts
Maybe it's cheaper when you order it direct from the dealer, i don't know what his price + shipping is.

Parts found with Part Number: 34983-21E00
Description: ROTOR,SPEEDOMETER
Price: $17.55

Part number 24
http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm...D/257748/Group/SPEEDOMETER_SV650SX_SY_SK1_SK2
It would not have worked out that way for one.Pm,roadweazel on our deal.I have parts for a 99 seems people need. I were pretty much giving them away,tired of looking @ them after ten yrs and was looking to help out,guess i wont get involved in that anymore..

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would not have worked out that way for one.Pm,roadweazel on our deal.I have parts for a 99 seems people need. I were pretty much giving them away,tired of looking @ them after ten yrs and was looking to help out,guess i wont get involved in that anymore..
Honestly, like I stated I was working on a fellow member's bike. If it was me and I could get the part from the dealer or a member looking to take it off his shelf I would go with the member!

In actuality, his speedo still works so I doubt he is going to get anything to fix it!

Thanks though!
ac

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey man,

You should know better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts