Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pulling out of the campground yesterday morning, my speedo crapped out. it happened once before and the cause was the teeth on the speedo sensor breaking off. the dealer took care of it the first time, but i'd rather not have to bring it back in and have to deal with leaving it there.

checking out ron ayers fiche, i see some parts (the $20 bunch). from what i can tell, that's what i need. can anyone confirm?

thanks

[edit] forgot the link: http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0349/speedometer_sv650k3_k4/speedometer_sv650k3_k4.cfm?man=su&groupid=11840&parent=11810

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Stranger...have you pulled off the front wheel to check if its the rotor that broke again? I was looking at the price list and i would make sure because that whole 3 piece unit is $90! The rotor is only $15. I'd confirm the teeth broke and if that is the case then you will probably only need the rotor. How much did it cost you at the dealership to have it fixed?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they warrantied it last time, but i'm guessing that they won't do it a second time.

i was going to try and take the wheel off this week and check to make sure that it's the teeth breaking again. then i'll order 2 or 3 of the damn parts since this seems to break as easily as shifters and levers do on a simple drop.

but i was only planning on ordering the rotor, not the entire set.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
I think that is a good idea to confirm before you order...just to be on the safe side, if it is the rotor, i would order the seal as well. If its not the rotor by the way, i would check the connections of the sensor on the wiring harness. I have the naked and mine was going on and off when the weather got wet and Andy suggested a squirt of wd-40 in the connections...it worked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts