Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how fast will a newer stock sv650s go. i know the book says 133. i was just wondering if it was true. Also how much more mph will you get out of a bolt on, a K&N, power commander all separate. i don't believe in going really fast everwhere i just like to know stats-JUST CAUSE YOU CAN DOSENT MEAN YOU SHOULD ;D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a slip on..k&n power commander with custom map and mine topped at about 145mph

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
phelix said:
I have a slip on..k&n power commander with custom map and mine topped at about 145mph
observed or verified ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
verified on the dyno

·
Registered
434 Posts
145mph

pC w/remap
Yoshi full pipe
complete intake change

·
Registered
434 Posts
i was only giving dyno stats. never actually ran her out on the road. Always felt to light with the twin for those speeds compared to heavier four's.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Weight isn't the issue in feeling light. Many I4s are close to the SV in weight, and some I4s feel positively scary at speed. Aerodynamics do make a big difference. Some bikes just feel more solidly planted than others.Resistance cubes relative to speed (roughly).

I don't know if anything much above 135 is possible, given the horsepower of the bike, even a well-modified 80 HP. Resistance cubes relative to speed (roughly). The S should be marginally faster at the top end.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Not to thread jack here but I'm baseing this on the difference between my 03svs, my 05 zx10 my best friends zx12 and another friends r1. At 120ish(the fastest i'ever had her) on the sv i always felt like the bike wanted to take off out from under me. Ran the ninja up to almost 150 before she felt like she was even starting to loosen up and they tell me stock shes got another 30 in her. All thebigger ones although Ive never beat my friends rides have that feeling to me like they are just that much more natural up there in the clouds so to speek.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I don't understand why everyone is so concerned with top speed. seems to be a number of threads lately on it. you never use it on the street and on the track everyone is faster on the straight than the sv and we all know it....the kick from 100 to top speed isn't really impressive, it just kida creeps up on its top speed.

not disin' sid for askin, just thinkin out loud :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
+3 rear sprocket kills my top end...... like 120ish on the dyno, although i dont think he pulled it clear to redline.

·
Registered
336 Posts
+3 rear sprocket kills my top end...... like 120ish on the dyno, although i dont think he pulled it clear to redline.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Just with the mods on my sig i've topped out @ 145mph on display.
Remember mine is naked, and it was done on a slight down incline.
Waiting for cash for the PC to complete my performance mod list.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I don't think too many naked can top 125mph cause your getting some major wind buffeting and head shake at that speed. Dyno speeds are one thing but on a road with the elements around you it's another thing.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
avc8130 said:
On the dyno doesnt REALLY count.  The problem is that the SV is severely aerodynamically challenged.  You would never see 145 actually moving.  I would think low 130s seems reasonable.  That is what people with the GPSs have shown.
ac

All motorcyles are aerodynamicly challenged compared to a cage, SVs more severely than most, 've got my 99 nekid up to 128.6 (observed on calibrated Sigma) in 5th, only 125± in top gear, I agree, low 130s should be attainable with a 2nd gen S, anything reported faster is observed with errors

1 - 16 of 16 Posts