Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up the 2006 Speed Triple last night and rode it to my folks house in the rain. Got up early this morning and rode it two hours back to the Falls.
Holy Crud. What a fantastic bike. It has usable (huge) power in all gears at all RPMs. I am in love with the 3 cylinder engine. Love it. LOVE IT. God bless you all for recommending the speed triple (and to those who chimed in on the 1050), not a bike I would have looked at two years ago. The best part is I feel like I got a steal on the bike...let's just say my payments are $10 more than the SV was (of course the sv was almost paid off :rolleyes:). WOOOHOOO! Insurance coverage is back up where is should be BTW (raised it back to 100/300 across the board), Not sure what I was thinking. It was better than I thought it would be considering the displacement, only $50 more than the SV was per year.

Here are some pics of the final moments before the SV was picked up.
I will still get to see her everyday at work. So long old girl (you can see how jealous she was of the newcomer).

And a shot of the S3.

Sweet lord I am excited!!!

The only thing I am adding is an alarm since I let the guy who bought the SV have my gorrilla alarm.

Next weekend will be an oil change, coolant flush, and then it will be ready to ride all summer. :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
that is beautiful! you made a great choice! best of luck with it you will be enjoying that one for a long time!

S

·
0 Posts
I love those bikes. The Street Triple is nice, too, but the Speed Triple has a few extra features that make it worth the extra cash in my opinion.

Very nice purchase. ... Just don't lose your license.

BTW, I've got the Gorilla alarm, too. Not bad for the money.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
yuck. Sorry but I hated this bike the second I first laid eyes on it, and hated it even more when I sat on it at the bike show. I just don't get what you guys see it in, because to me it is butt fuggin ugly. The eyes look like bugs, and the frame looks like a wet noodle.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Tell us how you really feel pne.

I like it, congrats Next.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey man, to each his own. Ride one sometime (they do feel kinda high up if you just sit on it). You might find you like the inline 3. This is truly my dream bike, can't think of a single thing I would add to it---good thing too. The wife says this one has to stay for 3 years minimum. A-OK with me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Looks like the SV has Suburban Machinery bars on it. In case you're interested, they also make them for the S3

Awesome bike by the way. I've been lusting for one for quite some time. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Congratulations! I've loved those 1050 S3s ever since they came out. Once you've lived with it for a while you'll have to give us a comparison about how it handles, comfort, etc. compared to the SV. The 1050 and 675 are both on my list of possible next bike.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
yuck. Sorry but I hated this bike the second I first laid eyes on it, and hated it even more when I sat on it at the bike show. I just don't get what you guys see it in, because to me it is butt fuggin ugly. The eyes look like bugs, and the frame looks like a wet noodle.
Don't be so quick to judge....the SV isn't exactly a looker, either. Go ride one then tell us what you think.

By the way, NextSV, I hate you. ;D

·
Registered
333 Posts
That is a sexy bike man, Congradulations. My wife put me on a 5 year no more bikes rule. I only had my SV for a little over a year, but it was a great 8,000 mile year. Now someone else will get her and I get to enjoy my GSXR!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Totally glad you love the bike. :) That 1050 is a powerful beast, isn't it?

A bit inappropriate, given this forum's topic, but: Welcome to the Triumph club. :) I absolutely love both of mine, and wouldn't trade 'em for the world.

·
Registered
312 Posts
oooo....you have the Arrow exhaust too. Nice! That lowers the bike's weight by about 25 lbs and adds about 15 HP! :evil6:

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Nice bike! Congrats!

Might make one of those mine one day soon...it's a toss up between that and the Ducati Monster 1100 S.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very nice. I can't stop thinking about the Street Triple. But then when I come back to my senses I continue to appreciate that what really makes the SV so extraordinary is the price. The SV does everything so well and for little more than half the price of lots of nice bikes. Most of the bikes that Id consider an SV upgrade cost 4 or 5 thousand dollars more than an SV. For that much extra money you should get something that is a step up. No question you have a cool ride there.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Wet Noodle frame - that's funny. I think they look OK, but I prefer the Ducatti trellis type frame and SV 1st gen (and that new honda 250 is really nice - shameless copy though).

1 - 20 of 62 Posts