Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for starters I've had my 2003 sv 650 for about 4 or 5 months. Nothing is modified on it. All original. Anyways I road it today for about 60 miles this morning and the speed-o-meter was working just fine.
However I just went out to take it around the block and it's not showing anything.

I started off slow and it would jump from 12 to 7 to 3 to 1 and then to 0.
If I get anywhere above 10 mph it just goes to zero... And now it doesn't read at all.

I was backing it out of my parking space to test it and it seem to read fine backwards.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
the speedo rotor in the wheel is probably broken...

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
yup an $18 part from your friendly dealer...

·
Registered
317 Posts
mine was doing this for a week, then, went with my bike at the dealer with the speedo still not working, I ordered the rotor speedo part (cuz they dindt had on stock), and then when I leave, my speedo works ever since. I still don't understand what the hell happened, my timing sucked ass. Now I hope I get a refund.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i think when they do a tire change they dont seat it correctly and break 1 tooth and then down the road the otehr teeth break off... :/

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the strangest thing, I was riding home from work yesterday and my speedo kicked back in. Seems it went down for about a day and a half. No clue why, I did drive it through alot of rain last week, not sure if that would have made any difference. I might have dried up or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts