Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding at dusk the other day, and not being able to see my speed or read the tachometer. I decided to go and get new bulbs for it. I got some bulbs and they didnt completely match the wattage but the guy at the auto parts store said that they would work the same just might be brighter. But i put them in and they didnt light up. I had the headlight off and so I put everything back together and it still wouldnt light up, with the headlight on high or low beams. I dont know what to do now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I tried another bulb that came out of the high beams and it lit up when it was in the high beams plug and it is the same size as the tachometer light. But it didnt turn on when I put it into the tachometer light plug. So either I have a bad connection, bad wires or something else entirely

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update 2: I took a multi meter to the two bulbs sockets and they are not pulling any power while the other ones are pulling some, minimal power but still some. So do I have to go diving into the wiring harness and see if there is a plug not connected or a bad connection somewhere? I would really rather not do that because I am new to riding. This is my first bike and I have had it maybe two months

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Check the wiring diagram and look for a bad Ground wire and also check the large connector s blocks and the on under the tank for spade and socket corrosion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts