Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· OberKommandant
12,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my eye on an Oakley ICON, either the discontinued 2.0 or the current production 3.0, whichever I can get a better deal on, I don't really notice any difference between the two.

Anyway, anybody have either of these and can give a review? I need to be able to put my laptop in it, along with my cell, my iPod, maybe a book (yes, I can read, surprising, I know) and a few other travel essentials.

· Super Moderator
10,045 Posts
I have Swiss Army and everyone I know that has one would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Some of the plastic doohickey clips break, but so far it has been in non-essential areas.
Now over 3 years old and still protects the laptop and the 35mm DSLR.

· Registered
165 Posts
I have Swiss Army and everyone I know that has one would buy another one in a heartbeat.
+100

I bought a Victorinox pack two years ago and it was well worth the cost. I travel a lot, and always with my laptop, and all my stuff is well protected. If it ever wears out I will get another. Sorry, no input on the Oakley.

· OberKommandant
12,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If no one in your unit is signed up with www.usstandardissue.com, you need to do that. It's Oakley's military and government sales site. You get pretty good deals from them. I bought a pair of $170 Transition lensed sunglasses for $85.
I am, but all my sign on info is at work and I won't be there for another two weeks. I can look at the site but can't see the prices. What are they asking for the ICON 3.0 on the standard issue site?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.