Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 SV650S. I don’t ride it often. Couple months ago, the speedo began reading really high numbers, bouncing around from correct speed up to maybe 5x actual speed. Now, it does this occasionally but also drops to 0.

I checked the magnet thing and it seems fine. I even replaced the sensor and harness with one I believe to be good. No change. Now I wonder if the instrument cluster is to blame. It kinda acts like something is vibrating, coming loose and triggering the signal quickly and then sometimes coming entirely loose.

Ideas?

·
Super Moderator
9,069 Posts
Check contacts here. Pink/White.
Musical instrument Circuit component Electrical wiring Electronic instrument Set tool

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the idea. I haven’t checked that closely but I did change out the cluster with one I had lying around. It’s a newer model so the speed reads half as fast and the fuel light blinks. On my 1-stop, 30 minute trip, it performed as expected. Could be a fluke, masking a problem with the wire, so I’ll test longer and look closer at the wire and contact. I know pins can back out, for one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts