Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm troubleshooting my starting problem that I recently had.

I hadn't started it in about 4months and everytime I tried to start it all I hear is a short click and nothing. So I got a new battery today and now it will turn over forever but not start. So I'm guessing I have fouled plugs as well.

So I'm trying to get my plugs out and I couldn't put the tool in the front cylinder and decided to do the rear one first. Well I put the tool in and I can turn forever but the plug still does not come out!

Am I using the correct tool?? It looks similar to the one in the owners manual but I'm not sure as this is my first time doing maintenance on a bike. I've worked on cars but first time on a bike.

Here are pictures of the tool I was using (maybe I'm just a [email protected]$$ newb and have been using the wrong tool. But its the only one I found that looks like the one in the picture):

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Yeah you gotta use the one with the hinge. That is for other stuff. The one will the hinge will come in handy if you dont take the radiator off and you need to sneak it in there.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I just got a '00 sv650 and changed the plugs I used a spark plug socket for the rear cylinder, which I did first. For the front I used the hinged tool from the tool kit. I think you are using the wrong tool. Do the rear first so you can see what you are doing. A piece of 3/8 fuel line or vinyl tubing about 8" long will slip over the end of the plug and make it easier to removethe old one and start the new one.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
If you are doing it right the tool in you bike should hold it while you pull it out. That is why there are Spark Plugs sockets. They allow you to pull out after you are finished haha

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahah

yeah once I used that tool it was gravy. Front took a little but once you get it you know how to do it next time. Thanks a lot everyone.

and yeap thats a 944 turbo, good eye or goodjob noticing it in my sig hahah thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts