Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i would like some advice
Someone recently took off the carbs on my sv650 but i think that something is wrong cuz I'm struggling to start the bike now so i decided i wanna check something so i took out the one spark plug and it was wet with petrol what u think is my problem
Please can someone help me

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wow. We need a lot more information than that. Why were the carbs taken off ? Were the jets changed? Were the float bowl heights messed with?
Have you checked for spark? How's the compressions and valve clearances ?
You seem to be getting fuel. Need to check for spark and air.

Mad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They took off the carbs because the bike wouldn't start so they cleaned the carbs with carb cleaner cuz everything in the carb was full of brownish gunk and the jets are still standard

·
Registered
197 Posts
Get or download a service manual. The SV has some quirks as far as valve adjustment. If it was me, I'd take the carbs off again, thoroughly clean them, including removing ALL the jets and making sure the passages are clear. Set the float height. Check the petcock for proper function. Check the tank for rust or water. Check for spark. Do a compression and leak down test. If you take care of all these things I think it will run.

Mad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts