Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got NGK CR8EIX 4218 plugs and they are fitting in the threaded part, but when i put the rubber boot over it, it doesnt fit, the spark plug end seems to big to fit.
is this the right spark plug? am i doing something wrong?
Thanks

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm not sure if the SV is different, but for my last bike the top of the spark plugged had a narrow threaded tip that the cap would fit over. Plugs for cars have a fat tip that isn't threaded.
Which do you have, and which were your old plugs? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I got NGK CR8EIX 4218 plugs and they are fitting in the threaded part, but when i put the rubber boot over it, it doesnt fit, the spark plug end seems to big to fit.
is this the right spark plug? am i doing something wrong?
Thanks
That may be the solid tip. Does it have the tip that unscrews? You'll need the tip that unscrews not the solid one.

This is the one you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330561286675&viewitem=

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got one of them to unscrew so far, i was just scared to grab it with a pliers to unscrew the tip cuz i would dink the tip up a bit, but i dont need the tip you are saying?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Yes, you don't need that.

Your lucky...There was a least one buyer on Amazon that messed up and bought the solid terminal connectors and needed the screw type. :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I dont know about Gen2 but I wouldnt recommend Iridium plugs in the SV. At least for the carb'd bikes they tend to like big old clunky copper resistors. The SV isnt exactly a precision instrument :p

·
Registered
905 Posts
I did that on my first bike. Didn't know there was a difference. Oops. They're still rolling around in my toolbox, in case I ever find something that they fit. :)

Copper plugs in general tend to 'perform' better. The only benefit of platinum or iridium plugs is the electrode life, which isn't terribly important on something with easily changed plugs. On a beast like a transversely mounted V6 or V8 in a car, or something with tight room, such as an F-body, then yea, the benefits of those expensive plugs becomes quite worth it. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I have the same issue 😔 Bought the plugs from the bike shop and they sold me the wrong type 😏

1 - 9 of 9 Posts