Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had a few recent spam posts on SVRider.com.  The new member list looks rich with possible spammer identities. We don't want to be avalanched with spam, but I certainly don't feel like liquidating all new member accounts in overreaction. 

The mods will try to weed out spam posts ASAP.  If you see a spam thread, please let one or more of the Members of the Committee for State Security, sorry, I meant "mods/admins"  ;D  know so we can delete the thread and "disappear" the spammers.  ALSO PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THE SPAM THREADS! The attention just encourages them.

Heroic Fatass Moderator of SVRider.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I received quite a few heads-up PMs from members during the last week. The admins were able to take relatively swift actions to delete spammers' accounts. Thank you to everyone who has been vigilant.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Just a quick reminder, we've been targeted again over the past few days. If you run across one of these lovely posts, please use the "Report post" button
instead of replying to them. Doing so contacts all the mods with a link to the offending post. Posting the thread simply bumps it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know the mods at another forum I hang at have been busy cleaning up about a zillion spammers every day. Within the last week they loaded up a new application and it appears to be keeping them at bay. I could put your people in touch with our people :)
If a mod wants to PM me, I think our mods, admins, whoever they are, could let them know what the app is that they installed. It looks like this place runs the exact same software.

Gar

·
Registered
22 Posts

It's funny-I posted up a couple of ideas to help (US ALL pay for racing/trackdays orany one interested in making some money in what I believe are futuristic businesses- Jimdo.com websites are easy to build and make search well, and my newest endeavour is (going green by spraying foam insulation) njsprayfoaminsulation.com

WERA temporarily banned me, CCS saw it as a gesture to helping out of work folks to try out. I have been doing well with both- what would SVRIDER.com do in this case...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Crap like male enhancement pills and advertising for stuff not motorcycle related. You'll know it when you see it.

but dont we all need to ENLARGE OUT ***** NOW?

I mean.... isnt that why we play with motorcycles...

???

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
P3nis Enlargementt Pills today! No more embarrassment in the locker room, no more disappointments in the bedroom! Reach beyond your maximum potential. Increase your stamina, length, girth!

1-800-big-dong
or
www.dinky2donkey.com

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Spam PM's from the admin? Shame on you, SVR!

DiscoStew said:
Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you guys know that Sportbiketrackgear.com is running a 4 day sale on select Scorpion EXO-400 helmets for $65.95. This price is available from 12:01am Friday until 12:00pm Monday. STG has a Video Review of the product hosted on the page in the link.

This is a savings of over $100 from their former retail. A great price on an Awesome Product = Real Value

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Page.bok?template=Scorpion+EXO400+69.95+SALE

Stew

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Spam PM's from the admin? Shame on you, SVR!
:iamwithstupid:

The ads are annoying enough. I PM by invite only to keep BS out of it, and an admin abuses the privilege of overriding that blockage for an ad. SVr always sucked, but it's getting reallllly bad.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts