Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm looking for recommendations. Does anyone know of a good place to buy a replacement radiator for a 2006 SV650S? I see them new on Ebay but they all seem to ship from China with up to 45 days delivery times. I'd prefer a Canadian or US supplier if possible. Thanks for any leads. Cheers - Jeff

·
Registered
64 Posts
You check partzilla? I got some stuff from them and they are pretty quick to ship, mind you, lots of companies are a bit delayed, but I got a handle bar from them in about 4 days from the purchase date.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a chinese replacement that someone had local because there were no oem available at the time (even from wreckers)
I've found cooling just as good as oem but they're definitely lower quality

Oem have a plate welded then the bracket plug welded to the plate. This spreads the load better across the radiator
If that comes off it's easy to weld or epoxy back together

The chinese ones have the bracket plugged straight to the surround so when mine broke off it pulled a couple of fins and piece of the frame. Still repairable but trickier and not as efficient as welding isn't really an option.

In short chinese do work but would recommend oem either new or from wrecker if good enough condition as first port of call

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for your replies - great to have the feedback. I'm new to this forum and the SV650. Cheers - Jeff

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You check partzilla? I got some stuff from them and they are pretty quick to ship, mind you, lots of companies are a bit delayed, but I got a handle bar from them in about 4 days from the purchase date.
Just tried looking at Partzilla (thanks for the tip). Unfortunately, they only seem to offer dirt bike radiators but I will give them a call to be sure. - Thanks, - Jeff

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a chinese replacement that someone had local because there were no oem available at the time (even from wreckers)
I've found cooling just as good as oem but they're definitely lower quality

Oem have a plate welded then the bracket plug welded to the plate. This spreads the load better across the radiator
If that comes off it's easy to weld or epoxy back together

The chinese ones have the bracket plugged straight to the surround so when mine broke off it pulled a couple of fins and piece of the frame. Still repairable but trickier and not as efficient as welding isn't really an option.

In short chinese do work but would recommend oem either new or from wrecker if good enough condition as first port of call

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm not sure if the radiator on the bike is original but it's a DENSO from Japan so I'm guessing it is. It's very well made and I'm disappointed to hear that the Chinese versions have sacrificed quality. Will certainly explore the used market now. Cheers - Jeff

·
Registered
504 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts