Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SV650 K2
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Picked up a second-hand seat from a wreckers in NZ for my wife's SV650 K2, with the intention of sculpting it and re-upholstering for her shorter height, but the one that arrived wasn't stock and is already scooped out enough to drop the height by 15mm, which is perfect.

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Bicycle saddle Grille

Does anyone know where this might have come from? I'd love to get in touch with the manufacturer/upholsterer and see if they have the passenger seat in this style too.

"Rider" doesn't seem to be a brand, so maybe it just means that's the rider seat? In any case, let me know if you have seen/heard of these before. Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 SV650 K2
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found the answer from the wreckers. I asked them if they might have had the passenger seat with the same style. They didn't, but they say that if it has "Rider" on it, it's most likely from McDonald Motor Trimmers in Bay of Plenty.

I checked and the Rider logo is the same font, so it must be, but their custom seats start at $500 + GST, so I probably won't get a custom passenger one.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,081 Posts
Good news SiBrit, but 500 is steep. You can probably re-cover the base with similar material and it would look great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts