Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So unfortunately today on the freeway my rear bag strap failed, and the bag got wedged between my tire and rear hugger on my '06 SV650S. Luckily the tire didn't lock up and I was able to pull to the shoulder, but the bag and hugger are toast.

I've been trying to find a replacement Puig rear hugger for my bike, but can only seem to find huggers for sale for the new SV's. Any idea where I might be able to source a Puig rear hugger for my '06 SV650S? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good luck finding one. I should have bought mine 7 years ago when I first looked =)
I am fairly certain nobody carries it anymore. It's all but impossible to even find the one made by Suzuki.

The only site I've ever seen with an accurate photo (in the last 6 months) is this one from Canada.
https://dynamiccycleparts.com/product/puig-rear-fender-hugger-carbon-look-2003-suzuki-sv650n/

If you google "puig 561-2206C" which I think is the SKU you'll find a few random sites but none of them have pictures and I'm not sure how trust worthy any of them are.

Hope that helps =)

·
Chief Greeter
28,187 Posts
Hi positiveR8, I would recommend a Pyramid Hugger, they are fiberglass, not ABS Plastic. I had a ABS Plastic hugger which warped over time.

I created a group buy thread to get a discount a while back. Didn't find the thread but I located some info, Pyramid is UK but I found a CA distributor...

The Pyramid Hugger is still on my bike and has outlasted the ABS Plastic Hugger that I had before. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts