Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a sound clip or a link to a sound clip of a 650 with aftermarket exhaust? I did a search and cant really find anything. please help!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
gahdzila said:
http://www.kuhnco.com/SV650/Exhausts/

this site is run by a member of this board...but it seems to be down at the moment.
he's moving servers this month, so it'll be up and down until he finishes. keep trying, or wait

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
stranger said:
gahdzila said:
http://www.kuhnco.com/SV650/Exhausts/

this site is run by a member of this board...but it seems to be down at the moment.
he's moving servers this month, so it'll be up and down until he finishes. keep trying, or wait
Kinda...

True, I am switching servers, but I'm aslo redoing the entire site and compressing some of the pictures and movies. I haven't been able to go at it 100% because I've been busy at work. Also, I'll be leaving for Kitt Peak Observatory (big telescope facility in Arizona) to do research for a while, so I won't have a whole lot of time to revise the files.

Look for it back up at the end of July. If you want to hear clips, try SocalSVRiders.org or SV650.org. Also, you can email me if you have a certain clip in mind and I will email it back to you.

- Adam

·
Registered
110 Posts
ronlarimer said:
I usually think sound clips are crap. Usually its just someone reving the engine, which produces a totally different sound than when under load. Worse, you have nothing to compare it to to discern how loud the pipe is. Not only can you not tell how loud it is, but its hard to really tell the tone because of speaker differences and such without having another well known sound to compare.

As a result, aside from actually listening to pipes at a bike night or something, i think rider recommendations are immensely more helpful.

All that aside, that is a really good clip Ron. The passing cars and hearing it under load really make it helpful.

·
Registered
110 Posts
MDG said:
found a site with a bunch of exhuats clips....problem is its not on a sv650, in fact i don't know what bike they're recording. Still nice to listen to them though :D
http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/
Dude those are all I-4s (at least the one's I listened to), in no way to those clips accurately portray what the brand of pipe would sound like on an SV.

Maybe if you slowed the clip down to 1/2 speed, and jacked the bass up to the max... but as is, not even close.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My buddy has a 2005 Honda RC51 with dual Yosh pipes... It sounds MEAN as hell. The clip Ron posted sounds like a toned down version of his bike. I think I may be sold on the Holeshot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
REKER said:
My buddy has a 2005 Honda RC51 with dual Yosh pipes... It sounds MEAN as hell. The clip Ron posted sounds like a toned down version of his bike. I think I may be sold on the Holeshot.
ya RCs with a pipe, any pipe really, are some of the coolest and meanest sounding bikes on the road. There could be 20 I-4s and 1 RC on the track, and you will hear the RC.

Not just sound though, they are just cool bikes.

·
Registered
276 Posts
What kind of sounds do the Yoshimura TRS pipes make?

BTW, that holeshot sounds really really nice. I wish they made a full system for the SV :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts