Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am indifferent when it comes to the naked or the sport. They both look sick to me. In fact, I think I prefer the naked when it is all done up (like that project bike thread). However, I absolutely want clip-ons.

My question is, since I like both looks, will putting clip-ons onto a naked be cheaper than the added price of buying a semi-faired sv. Keep in mind that my bike will hopefully be an 05+, but not new or almost new. Rather, I'm looking for a responsibly owned bike that is already broken in and depreciated in price. ($4-5K price range).

·
Registered
704 Posts
You have to be patient and look at what the deals are. I personally prefer the naked slightly looks wise... but I still really like both the naked and the S. I waited patiently, and found a ridiculous deal on an SVS... and I pounced. I'm happy! But if the deal was on a naked I would've been just as happy.

·
Chief Greeter
28,482 Posts
I am indifferent when it comes to the naked or the sport. They both look sick to me. In fact, I think I prefer the naked when it is all done up (like that project bike thread). However, I absolutely want clip-ons.

My question is, since I like both looks, will putting clip-ons onto a naked be cheaper than the added price of buying a semi-faired sv. Keep in mind that my bike will hopefully be an 05+, but not new or almost new. Rather, I'm looking for a responsibly owned bike that is already broken in and depreciated in price. ($4-5K price range).
Hi mschaff1, Welcome to SVR. they have bars that give you the clip-on look and feel:

http://www.suburban-machinery.com/sv650.htm

I have also seen a clip-on setup that bolts to the lower risers but I saw that on a Kawi, don't know if there is one for the SV. I will see thi guy later, will take a picture and find out who makes them...

Good luck!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot, both of you.

I guess I'll just wait for a clean bike, doesn't matter what style, and make it into my own.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I haven't noticed used bikes being significantly cheaper if they were naked vs 'S'. It seems to me that part is somewhat negated and the cost variances are more for the completed mods.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I originally liked the naked and was looking for an '04+ based on the fuel injection vs the carbs. It was a hard choice because I liked the tubular frame of the 1st Gen over the angular 2nd Gen. I waited a little while and found a killer deal on my 02 S... So basically, the bike found me in a "Good Karma" kind of way!

1 Gen, 2 Gen, naked, S... Doesn't matter, they are all great! You see threads of nakeds to S's and vice versa... Part swapping... You name it. You're going to make it your own anyway.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NE PA. i found 2 beauts. hoping to get rid of my ninja friday and go for a road trip saturday/sunday. 06 sv650s less than 4K miles with scorpion alarm, 2 helmets, 2 jackets for 4500. if its as good as the picture/description looks. im sold (of course i'll start at 4200)

·
Registered
437 Posts
NE PA. i found 2 beauts. hoping to get rid of my ninja friday and go for a road trip saturday/sunday. 06 sv650s less than 4K miles with scorpion alarm, 2 helmets, 2 jackets for 4500. if its as good as the picture/description looks. im sold (of course i'll start at 4200)
Sounds like a good deal. Post the links.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts