Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I figured I would post what I had written up so far for the spring swap I did last weekend to get some feedback. I'm short a few pictures. I'm gonna try to get out there this weekend and take a couple more. Also I haven't included any torque specifications yet. Let me know what you guys think. I figured we needed a good source of photos since avids site is down.

http://www.geocities.com/knisco99/forksprings.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Peter said:
Is the length of the spacer calculation included with the spring installations. If not, how is this figured out? Planning on doing same soon.
The length of the spacer was included with the sonic spring installation. Basically their instructions were like this. Before putting in the new fork oil you will cut your new spacer. Extend the fork completely and put in the new spring and new washer. Then put in the piece of PVC pipe they provide (it will stick out above the fork tube). If you do not have preload adjusters on your bike then mark the pvc pipe at the top of the fork tube. If you have preload adjusters then mark in the same place but then measure down 3/4 inch from your first mark and cut there. This will account for the preload adjusters.

Like I said I will try to finish things up and proof read it all make sure I didn't leave anything out but I wanted to put the pictures up there now.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Not that I disagree with how you did it but I got different directions for doing this. What normally looked to do is have the spring, washer, spacer and top cap come even with the top of the FULLY EXTENDER fork if you do not have preloading fork caps because they are usually 3/4 to an inch long. Well. my Preloaders were 1.25" long (bottom of preloader to bottom of cap that sits on the shock). SO instead of even I made my spacers so taht they were 1/4" down from the top. Hey cant hurt to have two opinions. Oh yeah I have progressive springs and love them.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Good article , but you need to get'ter done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.