Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm wondering what I should do about this situation. Probably nothing, since I'm moving to a new place in a few days. I park my bike outside in a sort of cul de sac w/ many other cars. It's about a half block away from the main street. I have lock on the front wheel, bike cover w/ a lock on the bottom so no one can easily lift up the cover to see what kinda bike it is (hey anything to slow down/discourage a potential jackass). A few times now I've come out to my bike the next day and notice that it's moved to the side or generally in a slightly different position than when I parked it. The first time I just thought I was crazy. But this is at least the third time now that the cover has been messed with and the bike has definitely been moved. I noticed that it's very easy to pick up the back wheel and slide the back of the bike sideways, which it looks like that's what someone did last night. One time after a big thunderstorm I found the bike knocked over to the side opposite of the kickstand! There was a cover on it (which probably acts like a sail in the wind) and maybe the wind was strong enough to blow the bike over to its opposite side. I dunno maybe that one was truly an act of nature. Luckily the right bar end went into the grass and caught the rest of the bike so no damage done. So what do yall think here? Is some dude just f**ing w/ me and being a d**k or is someone fixing to relieve me of my prized two-wheel possession? Like I said I won't be living there as of a few days f/m now but this is really pissing me off. I've since decided to keep my bike in a more open area closer to the houses hoping that will be more of a deterrent.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
u should sit ousside next to it, covered up as well and peek thru a little hole that you conveniently cut with a small box cutter of some sort...

K

·
0 Posts
novakane said:
u should sit ousside next to it, covered up as well and peek thru a little hole that you conveniently cut with a small box cutter of some sort...
yea and see if anyone lifts ur cover to see whats under it ahaha

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
chain it to a trash can full of cement.

Get an alarm

Go to Radio Shack and get a fake camera... complete with blinking red light (powered by a 9V battery).

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
donniej said:
chain it to a trash can full of cement. 

Get an alarm

Go to Radio Shack and get a fake camera... complete with blinking red light (powered by a 9V battery). 
or you could get a real motion activated camera, a forester friend of mine has a couple he leaves on logging jobs to cound log trucks and make sure they don't steal loads, amazing what he gets pictures of, wild life, lovers trying to find a secluded place

·
Registered
76 Posts
i would definetly stay awake one night when you have nothing to do the next day. gun in hand mind you

·
Registered
397 Posts
an alarm would prob be a good idea...get a really sensitive one what goes off if a 170lb guy takes a step next to your bike....my friends pulled a prank on me once and rolled my bike like out of viewing distance from where I parked it (at the time I couldn't get the steering lock to work...) of course i kicked their arses...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i have to say, if someone is moving it, most likely they are just messing with you or some dumbass is busy sitting on your bike messing around. either way, find out who it is.

·
Registered
91 Posts
the ampco parking guys keep moving me bike too...
I parked farther away.

but if your bike still getting moved .. wow I would confront the person.
I would never touch someones shit, thats just rude.
atleast find out who it is so you can retalate on his car or apt or house.

I know every parking attentants car and plate numbers.
0_o   o_0  road flair + broken window = no car 3.5 mins  0_o  o_0

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had someone shit on my bike. Never found out who it was, lucky for them. Campus security stopped me when I tried to walk into the dorms with a 3 foot wrecking bar, they never found out about the 12 guage in the car. Most likely someone screwing with you, but still inexcusable and rude. Keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.
Also, if it comes down to it, a bag of concrete saturated with water through the windshield at 20 mph will total a car without the fire department showing up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
SunTzu said:
I had someone s**t on my bike. Never found out who it was, lucky for them. Campus security stopped me when I tried to walk into the dorms with a 3 foot wrecking bar, they never found out about the 12 guage in the car. Most likely someone screwing with you, but still inexcusable and rude. Keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.
Also, if it comes down to it, a bag of concrete saturated with water through the windshield at 20 mph will total a car without the fire department showing up.
Yikes.....thats a great idea. Yeah, there's been a few sketchy dudes hangin out in their cars in front of my place tonite asking everyone if they want to buy watches. I got all paranoid and parked my bike between the rear of my truck and a cement wall, put the disc lock on, and locked it to my trailer hitch. BUT the thing about dick heads is they'll mess with shit no matter what..... I had a friend come out of his place to find a bunch of drunk idiots dancing on his knocked over VFR. Needless to say that didnt go over too well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
One day I was out on my bike and my boyfriend came home to find a 17 year old huge kid standing straight up on the hood of my jeep. He told the guy to get down and he did, but immediately jump right back up there and my boyfriend kick his arse after he grabbed him and threw him off. People don't care about other peoples stuff...... :-[

1 - 16 of 16 Posts