Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other times I love them cause they provide me with the satisfaction of knowing that I'm not the only person in this house who isn't too bright sometimes. Came out in the kitchen to find this on the table, warming up.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Those wire cutters are way too close to that soldering iron.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
soldering iron on a wood table:nosepick:

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far we've got trip hazard cord, soldering iron on wood and lastly...full bottle of lighter fluid! I wonder what the flash point of lighter fluid is. The iron hovers around 700-800 degrees I do know that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
even though it looks dangerous, I don't see how it would catch on fire as long as no one tipped the container straight into the tip area...

That fluid's probably kerosene...flash point of about 200 C. That's about 500 F. yeah it'll probably exploooooode if it touched it.

EDIT: I didn't mean flash point, I meant autoignition.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
even though it looks dangerous, I don't see how it would catch on fire as long as no one tipped the container straight into the tip area...

That fluid's probably kerosene...flash point of about 200 C. That's about 500 F. yeah it'll probably exploooooode if it touched it.

EDIT: I didn't mean flash point, I meant autoignition.
Personally, the entire situation is typical of my nature. I dont find it to be that dangerous but to most it would look rather bad. I was simply rather fond of how for once it wasn't me who set something up like that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Personally, the entire situation is typical of my nature. I dont find it to be that dangerous but to most it would look rather bad. I was simply rather fond of how for once it wasn't me who set something up like that.
lol I think I'd be a bit shocked to see that as I walked in the door.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So what kinda head unit is going in?
Sony something, room mate picked it up dirt cheap at the last second closing sale of circuit city. I remember installing all those sound systems in high school and frankly I dont miss doing it. Except I did it the ghetto way....buying a pre-made harness is for sissies.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts